Trial reset

Everything related to MakeMKV
gtp_98c

Trial reset

Post by gtp_98c »

I thought (from what i read) that when you install a new version it auto resets the trial? I just downloaded 1.5.5 and installed it but when i go to backup my avatar disc it says that it has totally expired and it can't open the disk and then never goes any farther.

ideas? Do i have to buy this now?
Krobar

Re: Trial reset

Post by Krobar »

It doesnt reset but you can update your key with a temporary beta one:
http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053

I think the plan is to keep issuing short expiry keys until the software is considered production standard.
gtp_98c

Post by gtp_98c »

Well i tried that last night, it resets the counter but it tells me to reboot the app, i do that and then when i launch it it says that it removed it and then i am right back to square one.
dzirkelb

Post by dzirkelb »

I just had this problem. I am running 64 bit, so it may pertain to you, may not. I uninstalled make mkv, but my icon I had pinned to my start menu was still there, so I was confused. There, in my program files(x86) folder was a makemkv folder. I deleted it (I had to quit the task makemkv.exe first in task manager), re-installed, and all was good.
FoxMP3

Post by FoxMP3 »

Thanx, I also just experienced a similar problem following a reboot, as my 1.5.2 version expired and having downloaded 1.5.5 it persisted in telling me that the temporary key had been removed and I should restart the application. Tried uninstalling but the .dll library from 1.5.2 wouldn't delete, until I followed your advice and stopped the app in Task Manager. Have been able to delete MakeMKV folder totally and having re-downloaded 1.5.5 it's now working fine again...phew!!! Back to archiving my huge DVD library....

PS. Happy to buy full version anytime, as I have with AnyDVD!!!