External BR player preferences?

Everything related to MakeMKV
dzl13

External BR player preferences?

Post by dzl13 »

Recently had my LG BP50NB40 die on me due to being stepped on by my 6 year old. I'm now getting read errors when burning so I'm assuming the laser is now mechanically damaged. I'm looking to replace but wanted to see what the BR player of choice is. I strictly rip BR's at full res.
Weeden

Re: External BR player preferences?

Post by Weeden »

I have had good luck with the LG CP40NG10. Roughly $90. It is usb 2.0 and a tad slow but it gets the job done for me. If you are on a mac im not sure about the compatibility.
waterme

Post by waterme »

I've been using the LG BE14NU40 External Blu-ray Writer for ages, I find it pretty quick and have had no problems with it

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-BE14NU40-Ext ... 00K83DPO2/
NShameA

Post by NShameA »

Hello, I use a Pioneer BDR-209M now and used a BDR-206 previously. Pioneer has a good rep as far as I know and I've experienced no problems with them specific to the drive. GL
onland

Post by onland »

dzl13 wrote:Recently had my LG BP50NB40 die on me due to being stepped on by my 6 year old. I'm now getting read errors when burning so I'm assuming the laser is now mechanically damaged. I'm looking to replace but wanted to see what the BR player of choice is. I strictly rip BR's at full res.
For an external BD writer drive, check out the Pioneer BDR-XS06 portable slim external USB 3.0 BDXL writer with slot loading mechanism, directly powered via USB.