New beta key?

Everything related to MakeMKV
MovieBuff44

New beta key?

Post by MovieBuff44 »

Hey Mike, when do you think the new beta key will be available? 5th of February and I know most times you have them up within a few days. Thanks
mike admin

Re: New beta key?

Post by mike admin »

MovieBuff44 wrote:Hey Mike, when do you think the new beta key will be available? 5th of February and I know most times you have them up within a few days. Thanks
The key was updated a while ago. The post mistakenly said "January" but the key is new.
Brad123

Post by Brad123 »

Hi Mike

Could you please advise the link to the new beta key? Thanks
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

http://makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053

The message link is always the same. The message DATE doesn't change, but the text will reflect the update when Mike makes a change.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
chriztrax

Post by chriztrax »

Key has expired. It says evaluation period over but the version still has till April 12th. Anyone else getting this error? I'm on Mac

Thanks!
nasuel

Post by nasuel »

same problem here...
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Around the last day of the month is when keys expire. Mike will update the message linked to above when a new key is generated.

Key expiration is a separate issue from free trial of BD functionality issues. But the free trial period should reset when the new key is entered.

I think he had planned on having the new version out by now, but it has been delayed for unknown reasons.

The "Setting the date back" work around still works, though,
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
peterzoeller121460

Post by peterzoeller121460 »

Its March 31st and the beta key does not work even through is says its got to April 12 2016 , Anybody have a key that will work with 19.9
jonbatman1

Post by jonbatman1 »

Same issue here..
andynz22

Post by andynz22 »

Same here. Key expired and no new key yet.
adrianp

Post by adrianp »

Yup, same thing here. Key expired. The one listed doesn't work. I guess we'll get a new key tomorrow.
Peter01

Post by Peter01 »

Hi,

does anyone know, if it works, just to copy a blu-ray with the windows-explorer and then to use MakeMKV later on for decryption (if a new key is available)?
Copying works, I tested, but I don't know, if decryption later on works too ...

The trick with setting the system date back does not work, don't know why!
I set the date back on 15 of march.
I deinstalled MakeMKV 1.9.9, cleaned registry (searching manually for "makemkv" and delete all entries), installed MakeMKV 1.9.9 again (with the wrong date set before to the 15 of march), but it always says, it's expired! :(
CountryBumkin

Post by CountryBumkin »

Just buy the program for $50 /buy/
and never have to worry about this again. :wink:

Besides, the makeMKV creators deserve the money for their excellent product and support.
gumbydude

Post by gumbydude »

Clock reset worked for me on a Mac. . .
Peter01

Post by Peter01 »

Yes! :) This morning the "set the system time back trick" worked for me too!
I set it back to a day in february. Then, after starting MakeMKV, the known message came again, that the key is expired. But after I copied in the old key again suddenly it worked!

But I tried to read in the blu-ray (index.bdmv) I copied yesterday to HDD with windows-explorer but it seems not to work! :(

@CountryBumkin: Yes, the creaters of MakeMKV would have deserved a donation or the 50 $. But at first, I'm a poor man! At second, MakeMKV works not really well (with me), because if I extract the main movie (converting to MKV) and want to play it then with my (Hardware-) Multimediaplayer (Fantec), it sometimes/often judders or breaks completely from.
So, what I do at moment is, to copy ("backup") the hole blu-ray content and then extract the main movie with a free version of DVD Fab. This (M2TS-)file I can process further if I want, but it's not needed. Normally my fantec player has no problems wether with M2TS nor with MKV (only if converted with MakeMKV!).

So if I had to pay for such a software, I'm not sure if MakeMKV would be my first choice.

PS: Sorry for my bad english, it's not my first language!