Problems with Buying this product

Everything related to MakeMKV
pfmodel

Problems with Buying this product

Post by pfmodel »

I am attempting to purchase a copy of MakeMKV using an American Express card, and it gets rejected. based on the 3 reasons given, the cause is the inability of the payment gateway being able to contact my credit card provider.

Has anyone else managed to buy a copy using AmEx? I am trying to work out if there is some form of standard restrictions with the payment gateway and AmEx or its some technical problem with the gateway and its communications with AmEx.

My card is enable for e-commerce transactions (I use it to buy lots of stuff in europe) and it has funds.

From - Trying to buy this excellent product.
pfmodel

Re: Problems with Buying this product

Post by pfmodel »

pfmodel wrote:I am attempting to purchase a copy of MakeMKV using an American Express card, and it gets rejected. based on the 3 reasons given, the cause is the inability of the payment gateway being able to contact my credit card provider.

Has anyone else managed to buy a copy using AmEx? I am trying to work out if there is some form of standard restrictions with the payment gateway and AmEx or its some technical problem with the gateway and its communications with AmEx.

My card is enable for e-commerce transactions (I use it to buy lots of stuff in europe) and it has funds.

PLease ignore my post, I found the issue. AmEx though the transaction was suspicious and required additional confirmation. I suppose this is one reason why I always use AmEx for e-commerce transactions.
electronicsguy

Re: Problems with Buying this product

Post by electronicsguy »

pfmodel wrote:
pfmodel wrote:I am attempting to purchase a copy of MakeMKV using an American Express card, and it gets rejected. based on the 3 reasons given, the cause is the inability of the payment gateway being able to contact my credit card provider.

PLease ignore my post, I found the issue. AmEx though the transaction was suspicious and required additional confirmation. I suppose this is one reason why I always use AmEx for e-commerce transactions.
While it may have been true only with Amex before, nowadays all credit card issuing banks have similar systems to detect fraud, at multiple levels. The basic fraud detection mechanisms all look for usage patterns, provenance, amounts, etc. I've also had callbacks on my phone (from Citi, Chase) to verify certain purchases when I'm abroad. a simple menu takes you thru it and asks you if you recognize this purchase, blah blah. By the way, the best thing to use for one-time non-recurring e-commerce transactions is a virtual credit card number.