AACS 2.0 on a normal bluray?

Everything related to MakeMKV
goaliebob99

AACS 2.0 on a normal bluray?

Post by goaliebob99 »

I just purchased Guardians of the Galaxy on Bluray and went to go back it up only to find out I cant. AACS Version 57, Volume key is unknown. Video cant be decrypted. 'Scsi Error - Illegal Request: copy protection key exchange failure - key not established' occured while issuing SCSI command ...

I hope AACS 2.0 gets cracked soon. It sounds like an SCSI issue but I dont think it is, I just got this drive brand new. The disk is brand new as well. I just hope it isnt a bad disk.
JeffR1

Re: AACS 2.0 on a normal bluray?

Post by JeffR1 »

I think you have to follow these instructions, if you haven't already done so.
I've seen version 57 on AACS 1.0, but I wouldn't put the powers that be to implement the new AACS 2.0 on standard Blu-ray's.
That would certainly put a wrench into things.

Thinking about it though, if they did this, then all the stand-alone Blu-ray players would need to be updated and this may not be possible when it comes to AACS 2.0.
Hopefully Mike will comment here.

/faq/item/8
MrVideo

Post by MrVideo »

JeffR1 wrote:Thinking about it though, if they did this, then all the stand-alone Blu-ray players would need to be updated and this may not be possible when it comes to AACS 2.0.
There is no way that AACS2.0 can be applied to Blu-ray players. Support for older players is basically non-existent. You can count on pretty much every AACS2.0 Blu-ray disc being returned.
JeffR1

Post by JeffR1 »

MrVideo wrote:
JeffR1 wrote:Thinking about it though, if they did this, then all the stand-alone Blu-ray players would need to be updated and this may not be possible when it comes to AACS 2.0.
There is no way that AACS2.0 can be applied to Blu-ray players. Support for older players is basically non-existent. You can count on pretty much every AACS2.0 Blu-ray disc being returned.
Exactly, that's my reasoning/logic.
That would also conclude that the OP's concern is an un-valid one.
That being his standard Blu-ray disc (non-UHD) "Of Guardian's Of The Galaxy" is AACS 2.0 enabled.

But the OP still has to produce a "debug" log and what ever the instructions say in the link I gave him if he wants any help.