Ripping Two Part Discs

Everything related to MakeMKV
bogeyfree

Ripping Two Part Discs

Post by bogeyfree »

New to the forum. Is there a trick to ripping discs of movies/shows that have Two parts. Specifically referring to Disc 1 of Band of Brothers (Part 1 and 2). Will only rip Part 1....
Woodstock

Re: Ripping Two Part Discs

Post by Woodstock »

Hard to say without seeing the debug log to see what MakeMKV saw. It should pick up everything that exceeds whatever you set for minimum title length.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
CountryBumkin

Re: Ripping Two Part Discs

Post by CountryBumkin »

If there are multiple parts/episodes on the same disk, you will need to "check the box" to select each title (episode) you want to rip. Usually these will be the big files, like a couple of GB each, where the extras and commentary are smaller files in the MB range.

Then when you rip the disk each file you selected will be created as a separate MKV file. Then you rename each of these files to something meaningful like Episode 1, Episode 2, etc. You may also need to watch some of each episode to figure out which episode it is (sometimes they are in order on the disk, but sometimes not).

PS. I have the Band of Brothers series, so if you have more questions I can look at my rips and hopefully help you out.