Dear Mike Admin

Everything related to MakeMKV
johnkgibson

Dear Mike Admin

Post by johnkgibson »

Mike,

You don't know me from adam. I love this software, and I have been using it a few months. Today my beta key gave out. It got me thinking. You put a lot of time and effort into this software. So today, I put a crowbar to my wallet and I bought a license.

Thanks for the hard work. I don't know if you hear this often enough, but I mean it. You have saved many DVDs from being scratched by my kids and the cost of replacing damaged media far exceeds what you ask for.
Blue407

Re: Dear Mike Admin

Post by Blue407 »

I completely agree.

I have also just paid for the software, I've been using it for a few years and it's excellent :)

Well Done MIKE! :D :D
jjslegacy

Post by jjslegacy »

Well said guys - I also paid in full today. Well worth it and I hope it helps to keep this software living on!
Not sure what I would do without it.
mitchartz

Post by mitchartz »

Count me in on this train. Great program I've been using for awhile and should have purchased long ago.
andi219

Post by andi219 »

I hope many people follow us and purchase this really great program.Thanks from me too Mike!
Navvie

Post by Navvie »

Count me in. Registered today.
Linux / Windows 10
Asus BW-16D1HT 3.10MK x2
Asus BC-12D2HT 3.11MK
LG BH16NS40 flashed to WH16NS60 1.03
LG GGC-H20L 1.03
Pioneer BDR-205 GENE
br408408

Post by br408408 »

Me too..I bought a key...but it was not a problem as I was going to do so to support Mike anyway. We need to support the people who support us. In particular, a Linux user like myself. Mike is nice enough to offer a Linux version of his software...and I hope he will continue to do so...so I call on all other Linux user to do the same and buy a key...he supports us, we need to support him. The software is worth every penny. All my Blu-ray discs are back in there cases, safe from finger prints and scratches. Of course maybe being a little older than many of you, and growing up caring for a vinyl collection, I think CD's, DVD's and Blu-ray's are very easy to care for, but younger family members seem to disagree :) :) . So let's support Mike for his work, especially my fellow Linux users
aragond

Post by aragond »

johnkgibson wrote:You don't know me from adam. I love this software, and I have been using it a few months. Today my beta key gave out. It got me thinking. You put a lot of time and effort into this software. So today, I put a crowbar to my wallet and I bought a license.
Hey?!
I thought it was still in beta?
Beta typically means you can't pay for it, it's still being tested, dunnit?!
O_o
There's a buy page! How long ago did that appear?! Ewww, no paypal option. Ewww.
yorgo

Post by yorgo »

aragond wrote:
johnkgibson wrote:You don't know me from adam. I love this software, and I have been using it a few months. Today my beta key gave out. It got me thinking. You put a lot of time and effort into this software. So today, I put a crowbar to my wallet and I bought a license.
Hey?!
I thought it was still in beta?
Beta typically means you can't pay for it, it's still being tested, dunnit?!
O_o
There's a buy page! How long ago did that appear?! Ewww, no paypal option. Ewww.
Perhaps it is beta but I just bought my license last weekend as well, my way of paying for the further development of the project (and thanks for the years of using it for free).

Paypal won't allow you to use their services on anything that even has a hint of "copyright infringement"...
spl147

Post by spl147 »

Purchased a key as well
Molotok

Post by Molotok »

Key purchased here as well. For all the money this program has saved me in (potential) replacement costs for my collection, it's well worth it.
neilball

Post by neilball »

Another happy user who just bought a key as well :-)
gmc

Post by gmc »

I bought it too especially as I have been using the software for many years.

Post by 16442496 »

Bad English warning! :)

Count me in. :)

Thank you very much for a nice software. I bought my key, October 22. 2015.

Never had a problem. Well i love old movies and TV-series, and sometimes there is no copycontrol on them at all. DVD discks. I don't need Blu-Ray.

I like to dump my favourite DVDs to mkv to HDD, and this software make ripping so fast and simply, so i have to buy it.
I don't use it much, but when i do use it, it works like a charm.

Linux user since 2004, so big thanks to support Linux too :)

(Edit. Buying month from Dec. to Oct.)
Last edited by 16442496 on Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ODD: TSSTcorp. CDDVDW SH-224DB
obsidian9

Post by obsidian9 »

Recent key purchaser myself. The only real solution for my Blu-rays and HD-DVDs (xbox 360 drive haha) on my Mac. With the turmoil it seems in disc copy protection removal software arena, I'm very happy MakeMKV exists. Started this hobby back when Handbrake did it on it's own, but obviously moved on to better ripping software (still sue handbrake to transcode the MKVs.)