Suggestion for obfuscation

Everything related to MakeMKV
Axehandler

Suggestion for obfuscation

Post by Axehandler »

I've been unable to find this so if it exists please point the way!!
------

Could you add a search in MKV to search for the correct segment map?

I solved the Map for "Now You see me 2" but the # of titles and the randomness of the Map is making locating that specific map challenging.
As I was going thru the Titles 1 by 1, I realized a Search function would be Awesome! Especially if the Obfuscation continues to get worse.

Thank you in Advance.

Axehandler
MrVideo

Re: Suggestion for obfuscation

Post by MrVideo »

Axehandler wrote:Could you add a search in MKV to search for the correct segment map?
There have been many posts on this topic.
yorgo

Post by yorgo »

Axehandler

Post by Axehandler »

I was aware he was working on a way to solve the main issue I've sent in many segment maps also.

But being able to dump out the title list to a TXT file, with the Segment maps attached Should not be overly complicated.

(Example - as mkv is outputting These to the screen

Title information
Name: Now You See Me 2 (English)
Source file name: 00624.mpls
Duration: 2:09:13
Chapters count: 16
Size: 19.5 GB
Segment count: 15
Segment map: 507,508,503,506,513,512,511,504,510,502,505,509,501,514,515
File name: Now_You_See_Me_2_t261.mkv

Title information
Name: Now You See Me 2 (English)
Source file name: 00626.mpls
Duration: 2:09:13
Chapters count: 16
Size: 19.5 GB
Segment count: 15
Segment map: 507,508,503,506,513,510,512,505,514,504,511,509,501,502,515
File name: Now_You_See_Me_2_t262.mkv

it could output this to an optional txt file which can then be quickly searched.)

Just a thought.

Axehandler
yorgo

Post by yorgo »

Perhaps I misunderstood or am not sure what you're asking for. You first asked for the program to "search for the correct segment map". If you mean for MakeMKV to find the correct playlist, that is being worked on. Or do you mean to add a search field in the program itself in which you would enter a segment map to be found? Your follow up also asks for a text dump of all playlists with mapping to review, correct?

Again, sorry for my confusion, just not sure what the request is.
Axehandler

Post by Axehandler »

###I solved the Map for "Now You see me 2" but the # of titles and the randomness of the Map is making locating that specific map challenging.
###As I was going thru the Titles 1 by 1, I realized a Search function would be Awesome! Especially if the Obfuscation continues to get worse.

As state, I manually solved for the correct Segment mapping.
I was then looking thru each segment mapping that MKV makes to find the correct one.
but the List of segments was so random it took me almost 20 mins to find it.

SO... I wondered why I couldn't SEARCH the field. to match the map I found.

That is why dumping out to a text file would work, so I can use Notepad to search the segments.

Sorry if I was confusing somehow!?!

Axe
yorgo

Post by yorgo »

I think I get it now.

My hope is that MakeMKV will have a solution similar to the one AnyDVD employs, which is to simply state or point to which is the correct playlist (it's one reason why I use AnyDVD with MakeMKV). No searching needed. I'm sure it's not a simple implementation and one that needs constant management on the developer's side, judging from the RedFox threads...but it's the way I'd prefer it to work.
Lovely Rita

Post by Lovely Rita »

Have not had any exposure to AnyDVD since I'm a Macuser but makemkv's recent Java addition does point to what it believes to be the correct title. Although I must note that the title it choses dose not match what others have reported in the thread for this particular movie.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxQEER ... sp=sharing
Registered User :wink:
Buy MakeMKV
yorgo

Post by yorgo »

Lovely Rita wrote:Have not had any exposure to AnyDVD since I'm a Macuser but makemkv's recent Java addition does point to what it believes to be the correct title. Although I must note that the title it choses dose not match what others have reported in the thread for this particular movie.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxQEER ... sp=sharing
Depending on your copy (rental or retail, where rented or bought, country), it might be the correct playlist. Have you tested to confirm? If it is the wrong one, it would be helpful to send information as requested in this post by Mike: http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14778