Suggestions - features

Everything related to MakeMKV
jorjbaker

Suggestions - features

Post by jorjbaker »

The BRD "Now You See Me 2" shows up with about 300 "Chapter 16"s, all 19 GB for some reason. Following defaults would seem to download all of these. I had to go to help to find out how to bulk deselect all checkboxes using the right mouse button.

Suggestions:

1) right mouse button functions are hidden unless the user stumbles across them or finds them from online help. Add those right mouse functions to the menu system under View or add another drop down menu.

2) add 'select a file size' for final output, allowing the user to set the compression level. I love the HUGE mkv file because of it's quality, but ultimately I convert the .mkv to a more practical size for my uses. I usually convert it to an .mp4 because it is a widely used format, but in the future hope to convert it to H.265 when more DVD players will accept that compression codec.
Woodstock

Re: Suggestions - features

Post by Woodstock »

MakeMKV does not compress video, so your #2 has no relevance.

Even handbrake, which DOES do video compression, removed "target file size" years ago, because it was rarely accurate.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
MrVideo

Post by MrVideo »

jorjbaker wrote:I usually convert it to an .mp4 because it is a widely used format, but in the future hope to convert it to H.265 when more DVD players will accept that compression codec.
Really? IMHO, MKV is a more popular wrapper program as it handles a lot more in the way of data types.

DVD and Blu-ray players will never get H.265 support. That will be in the UHD players.
qck123

Post by qck123 »

1) I would like to see a more of a grid implementation of the title status, and would show all titles, which title is currently being processed, and which are complete. Probably color coded to make it easy to figure out. This could be done as a second tab to give an alternative view. Should include time along with size, and skipped files
2) would be nice to go back to track selection after starting, canceling only the currently processed track. Then could change the selections. :D