Version 1.10.2 Rip Off?

Everything related to MakeMKV
garyfuruta

Version 1.10.2 Rip Off?

Post by garyfuruta »

My registration key for version 1.9.10 purchased on 7/13/16 does not work for the new version 1.10.2 that I just downloaded. When I downloaded the new version I assumed it was a free upgrade. When I tried to install the version 1.9.10 a message said it was obsolete and would not allow installation. The company website indicates it is possible to have multiple versions installed. Is this a scam to get another $50 from me to purchase the new version? It sure seems like it. I am posting this on FaceBook.
d00zah

Re: Version 1.10.2 Rip Off?

Post by d00zah »

Try the key again, avoiding leading/trailing spaces. My key, issued June 01, 2016, works just fine for 1.10.2 (Windows) & I would imagine that if other key holders were having this issue, it would have popped up within minutes of the 1.10.2 release.
yorgo

Re: Version 1.10.2 Rip Off?

Post by yorgo »

I purchased my key in the spring and have had no issues like the one you've claimed, even after a couple updates.

Also, are you trying to install on more than one computer? Are you trying to install 1.9.10, not 1.10.2? Are you trying to install multiple versions on the same machine? Your email is somewhat vague. I'd suggest you ask for help and provide clearer information before claiming any ripoffs and "posting this on Facebook." You'll find the community can be quite helpful, as d00zah has shown.