"Shout Factory" blu-ray titles?

Everything related to MakeMKV
MVCurt

"Shout Factory" blu-ray titles?

Post by MVCurt »

Does anyone knows if titles released by shout factory label has the feared "dummy files" protection?
I want to order 2 titles from Amazon but must be able to rip the titles with makemkv as I dont have a region free blu ray player.
yorgo

Re: "Shout Factory" blu-ray titles?

Post by yorgo »

By "dummy files" I assume you mean multiple playlist/playlist obfuscation copy protection? Not sure, what titles are you looking at?

I frequently purchase discs out of region and have no problem ripping but have never run into playlist obfuscation with "overseas" discs.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Look at the studio that is releasing the video. If it's Lionsgate, assume obfuscation. If not, it probably is very straight forward.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
MVCurt

Post by MVCurt »

Thanks for your replies guys :)
Yes I meant the multiple playlist/playlist obfuscation protection...I just didnt know what it was called.
The titles are "Never Too Young to die" and "Robocop2" both released by the "shout factory" label
Maybe I just order them :)
Kyocere

Post by Kyocere »

I have a few Shout Factory discs and none have any of the obfuscation. Very straight forwards discs.
MVCurt

Post by MVCurt »

Kyocere wrote:I have a few Shout Factory discs and none have any of the obfuscation. Very straight forwards discs.
ok,thank you :)
TheTerrorBeyond

Post by TheTerrorBeyond »

Playlist obfuscation is not much of a problem if you use PowerDVD and ProcessMonitor to find the proper playlist, or if you install Java and use MakeMKV's playlist location.
Media Server: i7-6800k (6-core processor), 32GB RAM, MSI Carbon Pro board, SAS RAID, liquid cooling, NVIDIA 1080SC, (6) 10TB Barracuda Pro, (4)8TB Barracuda Pro, (1) 6TB Barracuda, (1) 4TB Barracuda, (1) Toshiba 512GB SSD, (1) Intel 256GB Intel M.2 SSD.
Krawk

Post by Krawk »

Shout Factory generally has straightforward AACS. No BD+ Code, not multiple playlists.