Re: Using space bar to select

Everything related to MakeMKV
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

NOTE: The original poster came back and modified their question about using the space bar into a spam message. That has been dealt with, but this topic still has merit, even without the original post.

1.9.x is multiple years old - the 1.10 series came out in July of 2016, and 1.10.8 is current as of November 2017. It's not a "decimal version number", so 1.9 is less than 1.10.

That said, keyboard select/deselect requires the active text cursor to be in that particular window. If you can move the highlighted line up and down with the arrow keys, the cursor is there. TAB key should allow you to move between windows, or you can click on the left window with the mouse to move it there.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
preserve

Post by preserve »

I was actually thinking about posting about this the other day.

Love this feature and I always use it to make navigating and selecting faster, but it's only "half" useful.

This info applies to 1.10.8 when using Windows XP:

- If you click your mouse on the part of the line with the # of chapters and file size, clicking the spacebar DOES NOT toggle the checkbox.

- However, if you click your mouse on the word "Title" beside the checkbox, now the spacebar will work for toggling the checkbox.

In both cases, the entire line is highlighted, and the arrow keys work... it's only the spacebar that doesn't work both ways - and it would be really great if it could!

(The same principle applies to the nested items, such as audio tracks and subtitle tracks.)
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
vertigo

Post by vertigo »

Just ran into this issue as well. Went through a disc and used the space bar to deselect all the items I didn't want to rip, then wondered why it took so long and why I got so many files. Turns out I had clicked the wrong column, so the space bar wasn't doing anything, and I didn't see this because the window scrolled so the checkboxes were out of view.
Grauhaar

Post by Grauhaar »

Normaly only one title is needed, the main title. To select it and have all other deselected, select a title, click right, use "deselect all" and select only the one which is needed. 2 seconds, not more.
Good Luck :)

Post by vertigo »

Sure, that can be done if that's the only one needed, but that's not always the case, and in fact, for many people (i.e. those interested in extras) is not even "normally" the case. And when it just happened to me, I didn't want the main movie, only the special features around a certain length, because I was looking for one in particular that I had seemed to miss.

The problem isn't that people just need to select one title, since that's all you want, it's that the checkboxes should be toggled with the space bar regardless of which column is selected.