Program reads faster...?

Everything related to MakeMKV
ronin22

Program reads faster...?

Post by ronin22 »

I have a 2tb WD elements drive formatted as a FAT that I'm using for makemkv to send the file to. I'm on a mac machine and I keep getting this error that the program is reading faster than the drive can write which is odd because I've used this drive before and I get a fatal error then program quits. Anyone else get this? Thanks
Attachments
MakeMKV_log.txt
(4.99 KiB) Downloaded 334 times
mike admin

Re: Program reads faster...?

Post by mike admin »

Is it external drive? Then yes, program could work faster but drive speed slows it.

The error happened because you tried to create file over 4 GB in size on FAT partition.
ronin22

Post by ronin22 »

Thanks Mike ....yes it's an external, is there anyway to make an mkv on a FAT partition then?
Krobar

Post by Krobar »

ronin22 wrote:Thanks Mike ....yes it's an external, is there anyway to make an mkv on a FAT partition then?
Fat 32 partitions have a file size limit of 4GB. It doesnt matter if the file is MKV, TXT or anything else, the limit is 4GB per file with Fat 32. If you dont need the data on this drive and are running at least Windows 2000 or XP you could format it as NTFS and then files above 4GB will work.
adamf154

Post by adamf154 »

I have the same message but mine is an internal hard drive and the message only started recently after using makemvk for weeks