Cancel Evaluation?

Everything related to MakeMKV
Danfun64

Cancel Evaluation?

Post by Danfun64 »

I would like to know if it's possible to cancel an evaluation period if I did not make any rips using the software. Meaning that I loaded a Blu-Ray image, it asked if I wanted to activate the evaluation period, I did, then I closed out MakeMKV and changed my mind about the rip for other reasons. Since I decided against making an MakeMKV rip, is it possible to cancel the 30 day evaluation so I can start it another day?
Woodstock

Re: Cancel Evaluation?

Post by Woodstock »

During the beta test, you can reset the 30-day counter for BD-related features by re-installing the most recent beta key. That's under Help->Register.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Danfun64

Post by Danfun64 »

I didn't realize that. Thank you very much!

One other question. Apparently, registration keys are limited to one operating system per purchase or what?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

One user. It works on Windows, MacOS, and Linux.

I have mine on two machines, because it lets me rip more disks in a session. Running 2 or 3 copies on one machine, up to two copies on the other (depends on how many drives are plugged in).
Moonloop

Post by Moonloop »

So if I purchase Makemkv I want to run it on my MacBook and also a Windows 10 and thats ok with one purchase ? Why does the payment page ask to choose OS (Windows/Mac/Linux)

~M~
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

The key work on all operating systems. Not sure why the purchase page asks.

Permanent keys are for "one user", and the machines under their control.
Moonloop

Post by Moonloop »

Sweet ! Im in ! Ill hold off on 4K drive for a bit till the dust settles on which would be best to buy , still using an Lg SuperMultiBlu for now.

Keep up the good work !

Season's Greetings !

~M~
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

If your intention is to rip 4K, holding off on a drive purchase may prove unwise. UHD "friendly" drives are becoming harder and harder to find. There are still a few people selling them (check the UHD drive section on this forum) so I would get one now while you can. Official UHD drives can NOT be used to rip UHD's. It must be a so-called "friendly" drive.

EDIT: Well son of a.....I hadn't looked myself in the UHD Drive forum in a bit and it seems things have been changing under my nose. LOL Nevermind....it seems this UHD drive landscape is changing.
Moonloop

Post by Moonloop »

Phew! You had me going there ! Mike is almost ready to announce developments for the drives soon-ish apparently but Ill keep an eye on the forum.

~M~
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

I see that now. I hadn't visited the UHD Drive forum in a few weeks cause I've had an ASUS drive working for quite a while now and had no real need. Very interesting to see official drives supported. I grabbed one myself just to have on hand now that I see that announcement. If they are going to be supported, I have a feeling having a real UHD drive will be more beneficial than a friendly drive going forward. This is just speculation on my part but I have a feeling those supported real drives will prove rather useful. ;)