AACS v.66 support?

Everything related to MakeMKV
opiumden

AACS v.66 support?

Post by opiumden »

I accidentally put an AACS v.66 protected disc into my drive, and now when I put any other blu-ray disc it gives me a scsi error, even those that worked perfectly before.
I knew these things could happen, but is it normal?
And is there anything I can do to fix this situation? Or should I wait until makemkv issues an update?
Woodstock

Re: AACS v.66 support?

Post by Woodstock »

The general answer is, "You have to wait until the next version of MakeMKV comes out". Many of us have been expecting one "soon", but have not heard anything definite. Maybe a new AACS version will push it forward?

Did you forward the dump file from the v66 disk to svq@makemkv.com for analysis?

Beyond that, a lot depends upon your drive. From what I've read elsewhere, for some drives, if you had taken a firmware snapshot in advance, you can restore it after the lockout to undo the lockout. But how would you have known it was necessary? And it wouldn't prevent it from happening again.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
opiumden

Re: AACS v.66 support?

Post by opiumden »

Woodstock wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:19 pm
The general answer is, "You have to wait until the next version of MakeMKV comes out". Many of us have been expecting one "soon", but have not heard anything definite. Maybe a new AACS version will push it forward?

Did you forward the dump file from the v66 disk to svq@makemkv.com for analysis?

Beyond that, a lot depends upon your drive. From what I've read elsewhere, for some drives, if you had taken a firmware snapshot in advance, you can restore it after the lockout to undo the lockout. But how would you have known it was necessary? And it wouldn't prevent it from happening again.
Yep. I forwarded the dump file.
Hope we get an update "soon" as you mentioned. I see patience is required.