New Feature - MakeMKV now extracts closed captions and saves them as text subtitles

Everything related to MakeMKV
garzjoe

New Feature - MakeMKV now extracts closed captions and saves them as text subtitles

Post by garzjoe »

So I noticed this in the list of new features for the most current release. "MakeMKV now extracts closed captions and saves them as text subtitles."

So does this mean that MakeMKV now automatically converts the PGS image files as .srt files? Would be awesome if true just not sure if I'm interpreting that correctly. If true do we do anything different or just start the copy like normal?
Woodstock

Re: New Feature - MakeMKV now extracts closed captions and saves them as text subtitles

Post by Woodstock »

No, it does not change PGS subtitles to text. Closed Captions are already text.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
jimva

Re: New Feature - MakeMKV now extracts closed captions and saves them as text subtitles

Post by jimva »

Love it! I asked about his feature 3 years ago. Took awhile but finally got what I wanted!
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

In all these years I've been using MakeMKV I've seen Closed Captions maybe a couple of times. Talk about priorities ;)
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
morbius

Post by morbius »

On the subject of subtitles, has anyoine found a way of dealing with the forced subtitles on The Mummy blu ray? I think makemkv can read the TexTST track but Kodi cannot show it? That's one anomaly in my library I'd like to fix. (The 1999 version)