Under 1.14.1 De-obfuscation doesn't seem to work

Everything related to MakeMKV
Slim Fishguttz

Under 1.14.1 De-obfuscation doesn't seem to work

Post by Slim Fishguttz »

With the advent of v1.14.1, Java is no longer invoked for obfuscated movies. The two movies I have tried are "lady Bird" and "Solo: A Star Wars Story".

I no longer get the message that indicate the Java exec is being used and when the movies files are displayed he is no differentiation between files, i.e. no Main_Feature indication.

I have been pointing to the Java executable in Preferences as always. That no longer works. I install Java globally, but that doesn't work either.

Is there some where that Ican download V1.13 in order to determine if this is, in fact, a problem with V1.14.1?

Thanks
SamuriHL

Re: Under 1.14.1 De-obfuscation doesn't seem to work

Post by SamuriHL »

Don't know about lady bird but Solo is not screen pass protected.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Solo is a standard Disney release, with the "800" play list being English. There is no obfuscation.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Slim Fishguttz

Post by Slim Fishguttz »

"Lady Bird" had many. many files that were t he same, so I think that indicates obfuscation?

"Solo" had 3 files that were the same. If it isn't obfuscated how does one choose which file to rip?

Thanks for your reply.

OK, while I was composing this I see your reply about the '800' playlist. I'll give it a try.

My confusion is that usually when multiple files are listed they differ in size and of course the biggest one is the one to choose. In the case of the two movies I referenced, all the files are the same xx GBs in size.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Slim Fishguttz wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:28 pm
"Solo" had 3 files that were the same. If it isn't obfuscated how does one choose which file to rip?
The one that's in the language you want. Disney replaces frames that have text burnt in like opening credits with different languages for different titlesets. 800 is "usually" the english one.