New release BR won't rip using makemkvcon on Linux, will rip using GUI on Mac - ???

Everything related to MakeMKV
ember1205

New release BR won't rip using makemkvcon on Linux, will rip using GUI on Mac - ???

Post by ember1205 »

I've tried v1.12.2 and v1.14.2 on linux (Ubuntu) and it will not rip Searching on BluRay via makemkvcon. It seg faults and terminates.

Code: Select all

makemkvcon[3277]: segfault at 8 ip 000000000060e45d sp 00007feeae6b3ce0 error 4 in makemkvcon[400000+5c2000]
That's an example of the error I get.

If I load the disc into my external, USB-powered Pioneer BR drive on my Mac and use v1.12.3, it rips fine.

When I couldn't get it to work on linux, I downgraded to v1.12.2 as I couldn't find a 1.12.3 DEB package.

Does anyone have any ideas? I have used this linux system to rip literally hundreds of BluRay discs, and a couple of thousand discs overall. I've never had an issue like this.

I have verified that it will rip other discs after having made the version changes. So, it's definitely something about this disc.
st4evr

Re: New release BR won't rip using makemkvcon on Linux, will rip using GUI on Mac - ???

Post by st4evr »

Helpful reminder that the Linux subforum is located here:

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=3

When viewing the board index it's right below the MacOS forum. You may get quicker turnaround regarding Linux related issues/questions posting there amongst other Linux users.
ember1205

Re: New release BR won't rip using makemkvcon on Linux, will rip using GUI on Mac - ???

Post by ember1205 »

st4evr wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:46 pm
Helpful reminder that the Linux subforum is located here:

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=3

When viewing the board index it's right below the MacOS forum. You may get quicker turnaround regarding Linux related issues/questions posting there amongst other Linux users.
Understood and appreciated. I opted for the general convo in the hopes of finding other folks that might be multi-platform as I am with similar experience.