Lifetime purchase key not working

Everything related to MakeMKV
pacati

Lifetime purchase key not working

Post by pacati »

New install on a new computer. Did I miss something in the EULA stating the lifetime $50 license is only for one computer? Even if that computer is now in landfill?
d00zah

Re: Lifetime purchase key not working

Post by d00zah »

There shouldn't be an issue with re-using your key.

If copying/pasting the key, make sure to NOT include leading/trailing spaces. And make sure the key looks similar to the beta key linked in my sig. My 'purchased' key begins w/ 'M-...', same length.
pacati

Post by pacati »

Yep, definitely shouldn't be an issue, but there is. Where can I email my key to see what's causing the rejection? I enter the code and it says "Registration Code is incorrect"... but all I've ever used is copy/paste with it, and there are no trailing spaces. (I'm not THAT green)

And yes, my key starts the same as yours and looks to be the same length as the beta key. Only weird variation is mine uses an underscore in the middle of it.
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

When all else fails, try pinging Mike at support@makemkv.com .
pacati

Post by pacati »

Thanks, Doozah. Will try that.
pacati

Post by pacati »

Okay. Have tried multiple times and the makemkv support server rejects the email. Can email other people/businesses just fine.

$50 didn't seem unreasonable at all, but this sure is. *storms about the room, breaking dishes and frightening the children*

I suppose I could just bookmark the beta key page and use that. No big deal, just feels like I burned a Grant. I will console myself with the knowledge that it went towards a good cause. Having ripped to file all my DVDs and Blu-Rays makes life so much nicer.
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

I have no proof, but suspect this is likely a transient issue. If the beta key works, for now, keep trying support.

Any clues in the 'bounce' responses? I might have suspected one domain having an issue with the other, but you are able to access the forums...
pacati

Post by pacati »

Only that the email was "rejected by the server". That might be temporary though, I suppose. But the beta key enters just fine so it doesn't seem there's an issue entering valid keys. It's as if my key was invalidated. Or somehow copy/pasted wrong, but there are no spaces atthe start/end or middle. I don't know. I was thinking a few hours ago that the software would probably be a decent value even at $100, so if it turns out I have to buy it again, no big deal.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Just tested sending mail to support@makemkv.com and the email was delivered. Took a bit longer than normal (42 seconds), but that was all.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

Same result as Woodstock. I wonder if formatting/subject/whatever is triggering a filter?
pacati

Post by pacati »

Or the domain name? "pacati.net" isn't exactly a heavily used domain. Perhaps one of my adversaries registered it as a malware site somewhere?

Wild guessing, of course. As long as the beta key works and/or I still feel good about paying another $50, I'm gonna call this issue closed. Maybe with the key it was something like me grazing the keyboard and adding a character to it at some point. It seems to be on my end, both the email issue and the invalid key.
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

pacati wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:52 pm
Only weird variation is mine uses an underscore in the middle of it.
Just for sh*ts 'n' grins, have you tried the key w/out the underscore? What can it hurt?
Grauhaar

Post by Grauhaar »

The underscore can be part of the key, because in my key is a _ near the end. My key has a length of 68 char.

Try to past the key into "Notepad" (ignoring any special chars) and copy the key from "Notepad", not include the line before or after or whatever.
Good Luck :)

Post by danzzerss »

mines not working either, purchase on 2018-10-17 it works like a charm until this February on the same computer that is was originally installed on, :( I'm using windows 10 os "or you guys using windows also? please post any tweaks that work

thanks
pacati

Post by pacati »

Notepad trick was a good idea, but same result. I actually did try it without the _ as a first step and it didn't work.

But perhaps if many peoples keys are suddenly invalidated an issue will be identified and we'll all get free ice cream. But perhaps I just like to think I didn't mess up.

Windows 10.