[Request] Automatic title scanning

Everything related to MakeMKV
mikee

[Request] Automatic title scanning

Post by mikee »

I've noticed that when MakeMKV starts up it will automatically scans the disc to show the list of titles.

Can the same be enabled when MakeMKV is already running and a new disc is inserted?
It's already detecting the new drive and presents the huge button, I'm asking for that button to press itself.

Not sure if this is a feature request or it's already possible.
Woodstock

Re: [Request] Automatic title scanning

Post by Woodstock »

I've noticed that when MakeMKV starts up it will automatically scans the disc to show the list of titles.
It does? Not that I've seen.

Starting MakeMKV with a disk inserted, the disk gets scanned enough to display its information in the Info window, but I still have to click the Open button to get the directory read.

If no disk is inserted when it is started, inserting a disk takes me to the same screen, and I have to click the Open button to get the directory.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
WoofGrrrr

Re: [Request] Automatic title scanning

Post by WoofGrrrr »

One more vote for this. It would speed up ripping disks for me.

When I pop a disk in, I typically get involved with something else and fail to notice when the disk is loaded. The app just sits there, waiting for me to click the Open button.

At the very least, if there could be a reminder, like when initial loading is complete, it would help a bit.