Cant Rip certain DVD and 4k Bluray

Everything related to MakeMKV
Unibrowser

Cant Rip certain DVD and 4k Bluray

Post by Unibrowser »

I'm having an issue with 3 different DVD movies. They Rip at a speed of .8x (like 1200 Kb/s) which would take me more than 24 hours to rip. I have this issue with 3 different DVD movies. I dont understand why this is happening. There is no visible damage to the discs. In fact one of them has only been watched one time and had been in storage safely (not exposed to sunlight or rough temps).

I also have 1 4k bluray and 1 bluray that wont Rip. They are fairly new movies, both of them has been watched only once.

Anyone have any ideas? I dont know what's going on.
This is the way
wmcclain

Re: Cant Rip certain DVD and 4k Bluray

Post by wmcclain »

For the DVDs: do you have Closed Caption subtitle tracks selected? Use of ccextractor to process these is a recent feature. If ccextractor is not installed properly the program becomes very slow.

Try unselecting the CC tracks. They are separate from ordinary subtitle tracks and are at the bottom of the track list.
Capsule film reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unibrowser

Re: Cant Rip certain DVD and 4k Bluray

Post by Unibrowser »

I always unselect all tracks, then only select the one track that is the largest file size and has for example all "14" chapters. I am now having an issue reading a 4k Bluray "RED 2". This movie was watched one time and put back in the case. I get this error message.
Error 'Scsi error - HARDWARE ERROR:TIMEOUT ON LOGICAL UNIT' occurred while reading '/AACS/Content000.cer' at offset '0'

The drive keeps making a strange noise like it cant read the disc. This is the only bluray im having issues with, i think the one i mentioned previously just needs the finger prints wiped off. The error you see above is the same that i get with the 4K copy of John Wick, except with JW it doesnt show this error until its almost done ripping. Im not sure if this issue has to do with Dolby Vision? 99% of my HDR movies are HDR10 "10 bit color space" instead of DV"12 bit color space".

I hope someone can help me. I have ripped over 3TB of 4k movies and only have 2 that are failing. I absolutely love this program, but I would really like to find a solution to this issue.

The optical drive is the ASUS BW-16D1HT and has been locked at the UHD friendly firmware 3.0.
This is the way