GUI Suggestion

Everything related to MakeMKV
Crappusername

GUI Suggestion

Post by Crappusername »

Just had a thought and maybe I'm just doing it wrong but here is what I currently do when ripping a bluray.
- Expand a title.
- Right click one of the options and uncheck all
- Select the options I want. Usually this will be 1 english audio (2 if it has a commentary) and 1 subtitle track usually forced or 2 if they have just added forced subtitles as a second track.
- Repeat for each title.

It gets pretty tedious, especially for TV shows or a disc that has a lot of titles due to special features etc...

So my GUI idea is to have a grid that populates with all the different types of tracks on the disc, maybe split into audio and subtitle. Then anything I select on the grid is automatically reflected in the title section. For example, the audio grid might have English DTS, English DD, French DTS, etc... When I untick French DTS on the grid, any French DTS tracks on the title page are unticked.

I hope that makes sense.

I don't suppose you can change a username once it is setup? It was supposed to begin with Crappy..... Oh well. Seems appropriate to be spelt wrong :)
Grauhaar

Re: GUI Suggestion

Post by Grauhaar »

Did you read this? I think this solves your problem.

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 386#p17399

Samples:

Separate language selection for audo and subtitle:
-sel:all,+sel:audio&(favlang|eng|fre|nolang),-sel:mvcvideo,+sel:subtitle&(favlang|eng|fre|nolang),=100:all,-10:favlang

Only one language selection for all:
-sel:all,+sel:(favlang|eng|fre|nolang),-sel:mvcvideo,=100:all,-10:favlang
Good Luck :)

Re: GUI Suggestion

Post by Crappusername »

Thanks, I found the info for profiles etc.. after I posted and got it all sorted. But I couldn't edit my post, it seems between creating a post and it getting approved, there is no evidence it exists?

Anyway, the UI idea might be ok for people less technically minded.