MakeMKV on I, Robot

Everything related to MakeMKV
jketch

MakeMKV on I, Robot

Post by jketch »

I recently bought AnyDVD HD and used it to make an unprotected ISO for I, Robot. Now I am trying to make an MKV from it using MakeMKV. I point to the iso to open the disc and everything seems to work fine. About fifteen titles are added before it gets to the main movie title. At this point the status reads AV Clip: 00001:1. It reads this clip for about 20 minutes before continuing to Clip 00001:2 and so on. Based on the hard drive read speed i'm seeing from performance monitor, it looks like its reading the ENTIRE stream once per pass. I haven't experienced this with any other discs or isos. Does anyone know what is going on?
jketch

Re: MakeMKV on I, Robot

Post by jketch »

So the reading of the AV clips finally finished, but makeMKV was unable to read any of the audio tracks on the disc, so I have a video with no audio. Does anyone know what might cause this?
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

jketch wrote:So the reading of the AV clips finally finished, but makeMKV was unable to read any of the audio tracks on the disc, so I have a video with no audio. Does anyone know what might cause this?
this looks like audio streams are missing from ISO - MakeMKV tries to read audio frames, can't find a single frame and scans entire clip. I assume you're using blu-ray source. Are you sure the ISO is not corrupted?
jketch

Post by jketch »

I'm pretty sure that the iso was fine. I was eventually able to extract the audio streams using eac3to and remux them into the mkv outputted by makemkv.
jketch

Post by jketch »

I'm having the same issue with AnyDVD rips of Firefly, again BD+ protected. I'm pretty sure its an issue with MakeMKV because eac3to is able to extract the audio streams for these discs also.