Discount Coupons

Everything related to MakeMKV
audiopimp

Discount Coupons

Post by audiopimp »

Does anyone know a reasonable Discount Code for the MAC version. I'm from the UK and it's £52.57 ($67.05) which is pushing it!
So far I've tried all of these and none of them work:-
MAK50X
MKV-PIN
MKV-ASA
MKV-SUNNY
Woodstock

Re: Discount Coupons

Post by Woodstock »

There are no discount codes for MakeMKV.

Mike set the price as US$50. The processor converts that to the local currency and adds in any VAT or similar required by the buyer's country.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
audiopimp

Post by audiopimp »

So all the sites that have those codes are 'fake news'?
Damn, I guess I'll have to look for something else that'll do a similar job.
thanks
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

No problem.

Of course, the "similar job" programs are subscription-based, rather than a lifetime license. And at least one of them ceased doing business after selling a bunch of "lifetime subscriptions" for many times what MakeMKV's license costs.
audiopimp

Post by audiopimp »

Woodstock wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 5:00 pm
There are no discount codes for MakeMKV.
If there are no discount codes, then why does it have a box with Discount Coupon next to it?
with an check code arrow to see if it's any good. Odd don't you think?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

The payment processor's form allows for a client to add discount codes, but Mike has not done that in the 8 years I've been around this forum.

The presence of the box does not imply the existence of such codes.
audiopimp

Post by audiopimp »

It makes sense to me, but perhaps the removal of the discount coupons box should be implemented.
It would stop people like me asking the question.
Saving everyone a lot of time and effort.
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

audiopimp wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 3:32 pm
It makes sense to me, but perhaps the removal of the discount coupons box should be implemented.
It would stop people like me asking the question.
Saving everyone a lot of time and effort.
In any business/enterprise/corporation the merchant (in this case MakeMKV) and the payment processor can be two completely separate entities that do business together. In which case, MakeMKV cannot or may not have control of what the processor entity decides to display by default on their proprietary payment processor pages. In many cases, payment processors have a template webpage that is used for all merchants that do business with them and/or through them. Whether the options are used or not.

In short, the owner(s) of MakeMKV may simply not have any power/control over that. That simple.
audiopimp

Post by audiopimp »

st4evr wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 8:14 pm
In short, the owner(s) of MakeMKV may simply not have any power/control over that. That simple.
I appreciate your comment, and I'm just playing devil's advocate here, but in your 'simple' terms - are you telling me that a business selling its product would have no say on how their payment page is viewed by buyers? I have to question your opinion, as the factual evidence appears contrary to it, in this situation. (see screen grab below)

It would seem in reality in this case to be in fact the complete opposite of your opinion. Although I do understand where your coming from.
It's just if I were a business, I'd certainly want some control of my sales content within its required legal parameters. Wouldn't you?
Thanks anyway.