software crash around 60% and close

Everything related to MakeMKV
vikozo

software crash around 60% and close

Post by vikozo »

Hello
since i have done the update to 1.14.3 win x64 release.
i can't copy Movie DVD (2) and BlueRay (1) too.
i go until around 60% then it say something about scsi error or something like that.
i have activated to write a log - but can't find theme to show the error

any help
have a nice day
vinc
Woodstock

Re: software crash around 60% and close

Post by Woodstock »

Without more information, it is impossible to say what could be happening. "Crash and close" usually involves something in the operating system, and there will be a system log entry about it.

At the very least, we need to see what errors proceed the crash, which would be in the debug log, and the crash event log entry.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
vikozo

Post by vikozo »

it is on a win7 Computer and attached a printscreen of the error befor it goes
Attachments
problems.PNG
problems.PNG (114.07 KiB) Viewed 5917 times
vikozo

Post by vikozo »

and some log file
Attachments
MakeMKV_log.txt
(10.79 KiB) Downloaded 289 times
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

002003:0000 Error 'Scsi error - HARDWARE ERROR:TRACK FOLLOWING ERROR' occurred while reading '/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB' at offset '6405191680'
Given the type drive (USB connected, powered by USB), the type of error (drive says it can't seek to the next point in the file), and the errors after it, the best guess is, "You do not have enough power available for the drive to go at full speed". It's been a long time since I saw that reported for a DVD, though.

When the drive spins faster during a rip, it uses more power. When it hits the limit of power available from the USB port, it goes off-line, and the operating system can get very confused about that. And confused operating systems can send confusing data to programs.

Make sure the drive is plugged into a USB port that has full power available to it. Usually an on-board USB port, or a hub that has its own power supply to make full power available.

Some Lionsgate DVDs will have fake titles that send the drive to illegal locations, but this is a Columbia Pictures disk.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging