DVD & Blu Ray Extras...

Everything related to MakeMKV
swampdaddy

DVD & Blu Ray Extras...

Post by swampdaddy »

When I rent or purchase a disc, I'm very interested in the Extras content... Lately it's been a crap shoot with Netflix rentals. I have no way of knowing which disc has bonus content and which is movie only. I rented a movie called Happy Death Day. I've seen this movie before but I wanted to see the bonus content again, which my new disc fails to provide. Is there a way to see the extras online? The missing content in this case is:
-Alternate Ending
-Deleted Scenes
-Worst Birthday Ever
-Behind They Mask
-The Many Deaths of Tree

Thanks,

Rob
Woodstock

Re: DVD & Blu Ray Extras...

Post by Woodstock »

As I recall from when I was using the Netflix disk exchange, they sometimes have a separate "extras" disk you can rent, but often their disks are special-purchase "movie only" disks.

As for where to find the extra content on line, links like that would not be allowed on this forum.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
T'hain Esh Kelch

Post by T'hain Esh Kelch »

Most extras and more are usually available on Youtube for many movies.
thetoad

Post by thetoad »

lots of discs these one gets these days from non retail sources are clearly marked "rental only" and are just the main feature. can see this from netflix, redbox and even some discs from various libraries
BrettStolz

Post by BrettStolz »

I know that this is a question that is not MakeMKV related, but I am using MakeMKV to create a digital copy of my library, and then I use Plex to stream it, and it's something that I've wondered, how can I get the extras to come up in Plex as a part of the same movie? I know that there are Extras that it pulls for Trailers, but a lot of the time when ripping the data from the disc, these extras come with it, but I use Handbrake to convert the MKV files to M4V/MP4, and I usually convert only the movie. Is there something else that I should be doing or can do in order to have the movie and all of the extras on Plex? Thanks in advance for the info!
mreedelp2

Post by mreedelp2 »

It could also be that you have your minimum title length set too high to get the extras. Look thru the titles skipped lines to see the sizes of those titles skipped after first scanning the disk. If there are any extras on the disk, you may need to set your minimum length lower to get them.
Jason

Post by Jason »

I need you to be a little more specific, please. I was confused there.
Jason

Post by Jason »

I need that to be special please, we can scroll down to its limit but still missing.
drxenos

Post by drxenos »

I'm not sure from your post if you're having an issue with MakeMKV or Plex. I know that it's hit or miss whether or not MakeMKV will show the titles for special features. Sometimes they are there, but shown using their m2ts file instead of their mpls. Other times, they're just completely missing. It's nothing to do with the minimum length either. Mine is set to 1 second.
Jason

Post by Jason »

I meant like how to find missing Blu Ray or DVD extras in MakeMKV but in his opinion, it got me confused about the minimum title length so I need a more specific way for anyone can understand and how it works.
Jason

Post by Jason »

I know how to find your extras in Blu-Ray or DVD: 1) Connect MakeMKV player first, then start up the app. 2) Click setting or the wrench icon on the top.
3) once you’re in settings, press the tab called “Video”.
4) If you have the amount of numbers on the minimum title length, change to zero. And then press ok.
5) Once that is done, put in your Blu-Ray or DVD disc In the player. Press the disc icon once it shows color. (Extra: if doesn’t show color, eject the disc and put it back in again.)
6)Once the player is done reading the disc you will tons of extras that are available to use.
Hope these are helpful for you all.