Feature Request

Everything related to MakeMKV
thetoerag

Feature Request

Post by thetoerag »

I know MakeMKV will load a ISO directly to make a MKV, but I would like it to be able to back up and decrypt the ISO in to a folder without the need to load said ISO on to a Virtual drive.

Would this be possible?
Heaven Won't Have Me & Hells Afraid I Will Take Over
Woodstock

Re: Feature Request

Post by Woodstock »

Backup doesn't work on BD ISO files, as far as I know, because certain necessary information needed isn't available to MakeMKV.

For DVD ISOs, at least, directly reading the ISO works for creating MKV files. File->Open files, navigate to the ISO file, select it, and you'll be fine.

With BD ISOs, you will probably get a "volume key is unknown" error.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
thetoerag

Post by thetoerag »

Thanks, that is a pity, I was hoping to do it that way with UHD, back up new uhd to iso (I use a different app to make iso) undecrypted then load the iso once keys came out for it to back up to a folder on my server without the need of mounting as in linus virtual drive produces scsi errors
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

It works fine if you know what you're doing. :D Take your protected ISO, mount it in Elby's Virtual CloneDrive, open it with MakeMKV, and select backup. Make sure to select decrypt checkbox. Then output to your heart's content. The key step that's being missed is that MakeMKV can't open the ISO directly and do a backup, you've gotta mount it. Even though it's encrypted still when you mount it, MakeMKV can make the decrypted backup from it. Enjoy :)

(And yes I know your OP said without a virtual drive, but, I believe there's a way to script VCD so you could automate it)

FInal P.S. Those scsi errors can be ignored. It's trying to send commands to the virtual drive like it would to an actual drive and they aren't supported. Nor do they need to be in order for this to work. Just ignore them.
thetoerag

Post by thetoerag »

I have found now that DVDFab will backup a UHD disc to a undecrypted ISO, which I have had from before there were BluRays.

There is one point I would like to make, 3D BluRays have to be in ISO format to play in 3D, so it should really be standard that MakeMKV can do this.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

They really don't. I was very big into 3d before I switched to 4k and all of mine were 3d mkv with zero issues.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

thetoerag

Post by thetoerag »

I was refering to the RAW discs, they have to be in ISO format to play in 3D unless you use DVFabs Virtual drive and create a mini ISO, converting 3D Discs into a MK3D file is a bit pointless as you don't save much disc space