Expiration date issue

Everything related to MakeMKV
naouin

Expiration date issue

Post by naouin »

Hi,

Just downloaded and installed makeMkvtogive it a try. While it starts normally, it stops processing as a popup claims evaluation period is over.

Actually, something looks strange. The about box (see attached screen, in French) truly states evaluation peridod date is ended, while expiration date is Sept. 03, 2019.

EvalMakeMKV.JPG
EvalMakeMKV.JPG (29.15 KiB) Viewed 6074 times

Anyone else facing this ?

Thanks
Woodstock

Re: Expiration date issue

Post by Woodstock »

Have you previously tried MakeMKV?

The 30 day evaluation period usually extends just to Bluray/UHD features, and it gets reset when you enter a "new" key. If you ripped a BD more than 30 days ago, the registry will say you've used up your 30 day evaluation.

To fix it, you can take the current beta key, always found here, and enter it in Help->Register.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
naouin

Post by naouin »

Hi Woodstock,

thanks a lot, I admit I missed hte key part, I didn't notice a key was needed for the few months of beta. My bad, I apologize.

And yes, it may be that I already installed makekv long time ago (years), but I can't remind exactly. Mayeb it wxasn't the tool I wasn't looking for at that time.

Anyways, thanks a lot, I entered the key, and the about box now states evaluation period lasts until end of July while expiration period is beg. of September.

So, I have a reamaining question, what happens in between end of July and beg. Sept. Wille there be a new key, or already a new beta with another key, or do I then have to wait until beg. sept. to eventualy get the new beta (I didn't say I may not purchase a licence, while mostly depend on the use I have).

Thanks.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Assuming you are going to continue to use it, you would need to re-enter the current beta key to re-activate the Bluray/UHD features.

For now, the beta continues, so just check that topic link periodically for when the key it it expires. There are times that the beta key does not get replaced immediately... There are work-arounds for that, which you'll find by searching for "expired".

Ultimately, getting your own permanent key is the least hassle, but you should be able to keep using MakeMKV for a while without one.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
naouin

Post by naouin »

Got it, thanks a lot for all the details.