Select options

Everything related to MakeMKV
Post Reply
dchamb
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:21 am

Select options

Post by dchamb » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:32 pm

Is there a way currently to have MakeMKV select all tracks, including the sub tracks such as audio, subtitles, etc. I know you can go into each title and drop down to select everything for the title, but I am looking for a way to do this for all titles with one keystroke.

d00zah
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:23 pm

Re: Select options

Post by d00zah » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:16 pm

dchamb wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:32 pm
Is there a way currently to have MakeMKV select all tracks, including the sub tracks such as audio, subtitles, etc. I know you can go into each title and drop down to select everything for the title, but I am looking for a way to do this for all titles with one keystroke.
Right-click on '... disc' (top-level, left-hand list) & 'Select all'. Works for individual titles, too.

dchamb
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:21 am

Re: Select options

Post by dchamb » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:53 pm

d00zah wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:16 pm
dchamb wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:32 pm
Is there a way currently to have MakeMKV select all tracks, including the sub tracks such as audio, subtitles, etc. I know you can go into each title and drop down to select everything for the title, but I am looking for a way to do this for all titles with one keystroke.
Right-click on '... disc' (top-level, left-hand list) & 'Select all'. Works for individual titles, too.
I tried that and it doesn't work. I still have to go through and check the box of the tracks that are unchecked for each title.

d00zah
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:23 pm

Re: Select options

Post by d00zah » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:25 pm

It's been so long since I set a custom selection rule that I had to go back & experiment...

Right-click on '... disc' allows (de)selection of listed 'titles'.

Right-click anywhere WITHIN any title allows (de)selection of contained tracks.

I'm unaware of any 'single keystroke' method.

IF you want MakeMKV to just select everything by default, set:

Preferred language: None

or play with custom selection rules ('Advanced' tab, exposed by checking 'expert mode' on 'General' tab):

ex: +sel:all

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 386#p17399

dchamb
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:21 am

Re: Select options

Post by dchamb » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:49 pm

d00zah wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:25 pm
It's been so long since I set a custom selection rule that I had to go back & experiment...

Right-click on '... disc' allows (de)selection of listed 'titles'.

Right-click anywhere WITHIN any title allows (de)selection of contained tracks.

I'm unaware of any 'single keystroke' method.

IF you want MakeMKV to just select everything by default, set:

Preferred language: None

or play with custom selection rules ('Advanced' tab, exposed by checking 'expert mode' on 'General' tab):

ex: +sel:all

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 386#p17399
I ended up changing Preferred Language to None and it selects all the tracks for all the titles. I just wasn't sure if this changes anything in the output MKV file such as default track flags.

When I right clicked on the "... disc" and did a Select All, but all it does is select the track level and nothing below it. You still would need to go to each track and "Select All". It would be nice if there were a "Select All Levels" at the disc level.

Post Reply