Purchased License: no longer able to register

Everything related to MakeMKV
AdmiralFocke

Purchased License: no longer able to register

Post by AdmiralFocke »

Dear,

I purchased a license a couple of years ago to support the project. However since a while I am unable to register my license.

Have to admit that I changed clients (from Mac to Windows back and forth) but never shared my license.

Please advise,

Thanks, AdmiralFocke
Woodstock

Re: Purchased License: no longer able to register

Post by Woodstock »

Assuming you're copying and pasting from the original email to the registration page, what error are you getting? The same license works on all three versions of MakeMKV.

You can send an email to support@makemkv.com with your information, and Mike can resend your key.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
gfmorris

Post by gfmorris »

On the current macOS version, 1.14.7, there are menu items for both Purchase and Register in the Help dropdown in the menubar; however, Register is greyed out.

(I do have another Mac that has this version installed, but it's acting dodgy, so I decided to try the installation on a new computer. That said, this wouldn't be a problem since I've not let the new installation know that I have a key to register with.)

Ideas?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

You can have MakeMKV installed on multiple computers at the same time; the key is that it's for a single user, not something you distribute to your friends.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging