v1.14.5 problem?

Everything related to MakeMKV
bblanchette

v1.14.5 problem?

Post by bblanchette »

First I’d like to apologize proactively if this has been discussed earlier; however, I went to play a MKV I created of Incredibles 2 (Blu-Ray) and it immediately closed.

I found this strange because I have used MakeMKV for months and have created a great many files.

I then proceeded to test a variety of the files and sure enough everything that I created before 9/8 (when I downloaded the current version on my computer - 1.14.5) was working just fine and every single file since opens then closes immediately.

The files seem fine while run on my PC but when running through VLC on XBox One X, I’m seeing this behavior.

Anyone have any ideas?
Woodstock

Re: v1.14.5 problem?

Post by Woodstock »

The test would be to re-install 1.14.4, and try ripping one of the disks that has been a problem. You can have multiple versions of MakeMKV installed at the same time (I have 3 right now), so long as you keep the shortcuts straight.

I'm not seeing a difference in the files between .4 and .5, but I'm not trying to play them on an XBox.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
bblanchette

Post by bblanchette »

I appreciate it. Could you direct me to a download of that revision, makemkv doesnt seem to be on github and all of the links here are to .5.

Thanks
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
bblanchette

Post by bblanchette »

I'm going to run that test tonight with 1.14.4. If it's not that, the only other thing that it could possibly be is that I flashed my drive to enable Libremode right around that time.

Also, within Media Player the file icons aren't even the same as the other files. Instead of a screenshot of from the beginning of the movie all of the effected files just have a 'Play' icon.
bblanchette

Post by bblanchette »

It turns out its not the v1.14.5 that was/is the problem, it was the patched firmware to my Asus BW-16D1HT drive. I can't say how disrupted those files would be for other usages but for running through the XBox One the Libremode patch broke the files.

Reinstalling the firmware from the Asus site fixed the issue.
bblanchette

Post by bblanchette »

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Ever since flashing my drive, I am having all sorts of issues. I never had a single problem before and now nothing that I do results in files I can view on the XBox (fine on PC)

I just tried Intersteller and I get the message’VLC is unable to open MRL ‘file......’

I feel like whatever happened with that firmware really seriously messed up my drive. I know I’m not giving much but I had a perfect drive that I then flashed so I could save a few UHD titles but since then nothing works.

It almost looks like the file format is different. Before the firmware all of the files appeared as film previews now they all are generic Play icons..
C4AFEC24-51DF-49C7-AED6-45F20672E06A.jpeg
C4AFEC24-51DF-49C7-AED6-45F20672E06A.jpeg (2.55 MiB) Viewed 6091 times