Beta key

Everything related to MakeMKV
Daskew78

Beta key

Post by Daskew78 »

Is there a new beta key available as the current one has run out and keeps popping up?

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053
Regards

Dave
st4evr

Re: Beta key

Post by st4evr »

As it has been the case for 10+ years, Mike will update the key at end/beginning of the month after expiration once he has a moment. Beta key users have to wait till then.
Daskew78

Post by Daskew78 »

It's the first time i've had a used one run out so forgive me for not knowing when it's not documented it gets updated at the end of the month.
Regards

Dave
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

Daskew78 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:39 pm
It's the first time i've had a used one run out so forgive me for not knowing when it's not documented it gets updated at the end of the month.
Search is your friend...

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/search.ph ... xpired+key
koberulz

Post by koberulz »

Why do you need a beta key to rip DVDs if that's supposed to be free functionality?
JDLemon

Post by JDLemon »

Honestly i wish i could afford the cost to buy right now as the software is worth it. Being on a low fixed income sucks. I am in the same boat waiting but knowing it will come.
T'hain Esh Kelch

Post by T'hain Esh Kelch »

koberulz wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:22 am
Why do you need a beta key to rip DVDs if that's supposed to be free functionality?
It is not. The application will be pay-to-use once it goes out of beta.
koberulz

Post by koberulz »

The DVD functionality is supposed to be free, only the BD functionality is part of the beta.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

What few are considering is the fact that, as a beta program, it changes on a regular basis to keep up with copy protection. The expiring key is intended to encourage you to check for newer versions.

In the old days, new versions were issued more frequently than every 60 days, and new versions had new keys.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Mtenga

Post by Mtenga »

Woodstock wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:42 pm
What few are considering is the fact that, as a beta program, it changes on a regular basis to keep up with copy protection. The expiring key is intended to encourage you to check for newer versions.

In the old days, new versions were issued more frequently than every 60 days, and new versions had new keys.
The program already tells you if a newer version is available when you load it. No need to expire a key for that.
NoLifeDGenerate

Post by NoLifeDGenerate »

Mtenga wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:31 pm
Woodstock wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:42 pm

The program already tells you if a newer version is available when you load it. No need to expire a key for that.
Exactly. It's stupid, and where the hell is the October code!?
musictrivianut

Post by musictrivianut »

NoLifeDGenerate wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:36 pm

Entitled and impatient much?
Daskew78

Post by Daskew78 »

musictrivianut wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:01 pm
NoLifeDGenerate wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:36 pm

Entitled and impatient much?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Regards

Dave
deadlift655

Post by deadlift655 »

JDLemon wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:32 am
Honestly i wish i could afford the cost to buy right now as the software is worth it. Being on a low fixed income sucks. I am in the same boat waiting but knowing it will come.
I wish they would make it easier to purchase the software! :D I got to spend about half an hour on the phone with my credit card company when I tried to purchase the software ages ago. The payment wouldn't go through for some reason. :roll: I haven't tried recently though.
strubdog

Post by strubdog »

Patience is a virtue