[Feature Request] "Audio" Blu-Ray profile

Everything related to MakeMKV
GL1zdA

[Feature Request] "Audio" Blu-Ray profile

Post by GL1zdA »

Hi,
Would it be possible to add a profile tailored at "Audio" Blu-Ray discs? By "Audio" I mean releases like the Lord of the Rings: The Complete Recordings or the Immersion box sets of Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon or Wish You Were Here. These discs contain stereo and surround mixes of the music accompanied by a "stub" video track, usually with a static image. Currently I just dump the disc to MKV with MakeMKV, but it requires additional steps to make it usable in an audio player:
* Extracting and compressing the mixes with eac3to, each to its own file (eac3to dsotm.mkv 2:"dsotm.flac" 4:"dsotm 4.0.flac" 6:"dsotm 5.1.flac")
* Extracting the cue file with mkvextract and gMKVExtractGUI (gMKVExtractGUI converts the XML chapters file to .cue)
* Fill the track names into the .cue file
* Use metaflac to embed the cuesheet into the FLAC file (includes adding seek points)
I know it's MakeMKV not MakeFLAC, but the number of Blu-Ray discs containing only audio is quite low, so I don't expect anyone creating a dedicated tool. Even just adding an option to extract the audio tracks as FLACs and extract the chapters as a .CUE file would help. Yes, I'm aware MakeMKV can make an .MKV file with .FLACs inside, but this is not really usable in an audio player.