[Feature Requests] List of Feature Requests

Everything related to MakeMKV
leethompson

[Feature Requests] List of Feature Requests

Post by leethompson »

This is just a list of my feature requests for MakeMKV.

Job Complete Notification

Currently, MakeMKV does an OK Modal popup. However, the progress bar - while full - is still the pulsing "in progress" style. Progress bar style should change or be removed when complete. This makes it difficult to tell when MakeMKV is finished with a job unless it is the foreground application (which in my case, it rarely is).
  • Progress bar should be removed or change to a non "in progress" style.
  • Optional. Have it play a sound on complete (different sound on failure). (Should be customization by specifying audio files.)
  • Optional. Have it send some kind of notification on complete. (Notification Area,Growl,etc)
  • MakeMKV should store the data used for the main UI where you select what to rip for all discs in each session. (If you realize you forgot something or made a mistake it currently has to go through the whole analysis phase over again.)

BluRay Ripping
  • Option to only include playlists (mpls) in the list.
  • Option for Manual Open (like with DVD), specifying playlist numbers in a list/range. (e.g. 800,700-799 etc).

General Ripping
  • When adding titles, MakeMKV currently screens out duplicates. This should be optional.
  • When adding titles, MakeMKV currently screens out duplicates. The lower number titles/playlists should always take priority.
  • On the rip selection screen, it should be sortable. (Or at least automatically sort by title/playlist.)
  • On the rip selection screen, the detail information for a title should show if there's more than one mapping (separated by semi-colons).
  • When ripping captions, MakeMKV should detect when this is failing (i.e. taking infinite time to complete) and abort the caption rip (with optional job abort).
  • Option. Default filenames be based on the title number (DVD Title # or BluRay Playlist)

UPDATED: November 15th 2019