bluray player that can see chapters

Everything related to MakeMKV
cdnbns123321

bluray player that can see chapters

Post by cdnbns123321 »

hello, I will imagine with thousands of topics already posted this will be a question that has been asked more than once, I did a couple searches but each one returned hundreds of pages of returns usually talking about specific movies.

I am using MakeMKV to rip my purchased movie and tv collection, then using Handbrake to shrink the files down, the sound comes out great on my 5.1 system as do the forced subtitles. when playing on the PC after creation in MPC the chapters are all there, but when I play them on my Sony BDP S1500 that can take a 4tb external drive it does not see the chapters in either the original MakeMKV or the Handbrake conversion

Can anyone recommend a player that is capable of not only using a 4tb drive but also using the fast forward to skip chapters instead of moving to the next movie in the directory.

Thanks in advance to everyone that answers, and to everyone that tells me to search as this has already been asked you will taken be off my Christmas card list :lol:
Woodstock

Re: bluray player that can see chapters

Post by Woodstock »

Does it HAVE to be a BD player? BD players will include things like Cinavia if they have the "Blu-ray" logo on them, so you're at a disadvantage there.

There are a number of inexpensive "media players" out there that understand MKV and MP4 files, depending on the software installed. The Android-based units can have things like Vimu or VLC installed, and probably come with Kodi installed.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Grauhaar

Re: bluray player that can see chapters

Post by Grauhaar »

I use Media Players from "Dune HD", which playes very well anything, shows also BD HDMV subtitles, passes HD audio and so on.
Good Luck :)