feature req/bug: processing unencrypted discs

Everything related to MakeMKV
maeveynot

feature req/bug: processing unencrypted discs

Post by maeveynot »

I get these messages when reading an unencrypted Blu-ray (taken from --robot output):

Code: Select all

MSG:3334,1288,0,"It appears that you have on-the-fly decryption software enabled. MakeMKV should process discs with most
 sophisticated protections without help of any 3rd party decryption software. In addition MakeMKV works faster and more
reliably when it decrypts data by itself. It is highly recommended to disable such software and restart the application.
 \                                         
\                                         
Do you want to continue anyway (errors may follow) ?","It appears that you have on-the-fly decryption software enabled.
MakeMKV should process discs with most sophisticated protections without help of any 3rd party decryption software. In a
ddition MakeMKV works faster and more reliably when it decrypts data by itself. It is highly recommended to disable such
 software and restart the application. \                                                                                
\                                                                                                      
Do you want to continue anyway (errors may follow) ?"  
MSG:3305,0,0,"AACS directory not present, assuming unencrypted disc","AACS directory not present, assuming unencrypted disc"
I have no idea what these on-the-fly decryption hacks look like, but if they don't hide the AACS directory, then having that check run first and set a flag that says "OK, this disc is really unencrypted, it's fine" so that the big warning doesn't need to be printed would make my logs a lot cleaner.

Thanks!