Show drive letter throughout rip process

Everything related to MakeMKV
mkvfanclub

Show drive letter throughout rip process

Post by mkvfanclub »

I use 3 drives to rip 3 discs at the same time. Often, a disc will show that expert mode is needed but then I need to figure out which disc it is (because I have 3 discs in 3 drives).

The problem then is that the drive letter is only shown at startup (when the program asks which drive you want to use). It's not shown at the title selection screen and it's not shown when the rip has finished. In fact, the drive letter is not shown again until the program is restarted.

So please show the drive letter in the 'Info' box to the right of the title selection screen and also in the ripping screen and the end screen.

I had a great experience ripping discs using MakeMKV with a single drive. But since buying 2 more drives so that I can rip 3 discs at the same time, MakeMKV seems to be fighting me at every stage.

- Drive letter only shown once at startup. Please show it throughout the rip process.

- Running multiple copies of the program is supported (great) but they all share the same registry settings so changing settings (such as output folder) on one copy also changes it for the other copies. Would be much better to have the settings stored in the program folder (or at least provide an option to do that instead of the registry).

- Filenames of ripped discs are all the same. Allow me to prefix the filenames with my own word so I know which files came from which disc. Right now, I get around it by putting each disc in a different folder but that just makes lots of folders and needs me to move files around after each rip is done.

Thanks.