Ripping workflow

Everything related to MakeMKV
agent92

Ripping workflow

Post by agent92 »

Is there anyone here that have any tips on how to automate the ripping workflow? My workflow at the moment is very manual which means it takes quite a lot of time to rip just one disc. This is what I do now:

1. Start MakeMKV and let it rip the entire disc. I've already chosen a default language so I at least don't have to pick audio and subtitles.
2. When ripping is done I go through the result and delete what I don't want, title screen sequences for instance.
3. Then I have to rename all the files to suit Plex. This can be quite time consuming for TV-shows, often I have to play the disc and match each episode on the disc menu to the file I have on my computer.
4. When renaming is done I can move the files into the Plex library.

Does anyone have a better workflow? I've tried to find a way to automatically name the ripped files but there doesn't seem to be a good solution. Any tip on how to speed up the workflow, no matter how small, would be appreciated.
LimaAlphaHotel

Re: Ripping workflow

Post by LimaAlphaHotel »

Yours sounds the same as mine, although I’ve put together a computer with 2 DVD and 2 BluRay drives (4 optical drives total) and scripted ripping from each drive in turn so I can set 4 disks going and leave it to get on while I sort and label the last batch(es).