1.15.1 - AV sync issues

Everything related to MakeMKV
preserve

1.15.1 - AV sync issues

Post by preserve »

On discs that I know are fine and didn't report it in previous versions, now the majority of titles are reporting:

"AV synchronization issues were found in file..."

On titles that I know actually have sync issues, it reports as normal with the additional text:

"AV sync issue in stream 0 at ... video frame timecode differs by ..."
"too many video frames with invalid timecode..."

But on the titles that I know were fine from previous versions, it only gives that first message, it doesn't give any of the additional messages.

Since this obviously affects the user's ability to know which tracks have AV sync issues, I hope this can be fixed soon with a new version.

Please let me know if I can provide any information.
Grauhaar

Re: 1.15.1 - AV sync issues

Post by Grauhaar »

Mike says some weeks ago, that this message is a bug in case if no (forced?) subtitles are found.

Sounds like, that this was not fixed in 1.15.1
Good Luck :)

Post by preserve »

Thanks for the update since I haven't been as active here, and didn't see that :)

Hoping it's fixed soon :)
paxnn

Post by paxnn »

I have just seen this problem. It stops a title from completing. Demux without subtitles and then muxplexing with tsmuxer. Then running again thru Makemkv...its the AAC conversion of the multichannel audio that is the trigger, not the subtitles.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

By themselves, AV Sync issues won't stop a rip. I've had rips with hundreds of actual sync issues, and the rip completed.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
preserve

Post by preserve »

This issue is still present in 1.15.2.
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
QualityMKV

Post by QualityMKV »

I did the movie Searching (2018) https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7668870/ last night, and encountered the same with MakeMKV v1.15.2 win(x64-release).

Code: Select all

Disc source: Netflix
I processed all files on it and saw the AV sync issue errors on both main tracks (18GB + 20GB files) so I am watching the movie to see if I notice anything visibly wrong.
tenortim

Post by tenortim »

Seeing similar issues with "Red Dwarf - Back to Earth" which I recently bought.
Huge numbers of timecode issues where it jumps forward and then immediately back by either ~33ms or ~66ms.

Does anybody know if there is a workaround until this is fixed?
preserve

Post by preserve »

tenortim wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:27 pm
Seeing similar issues with "Red Dwarf - Back to Earth" which I recently bought.
Huge numbers of timecode issues where it jumps forward and then immediately back by either ~33ms or ~66ms.
Does anybody know if there is a workaround until this is fixed?
If you're seeing that ms info listed, then that's a legit AV sync issue with the authoring of the disc, not the bug that's being described in this thread.

Depending on if you have the Blu-ray or DVD release, you'll want to post in the Blu-ray or DVD section of this forum, using the title of the disc as the title of the thread (assuming there's no thread for that title already, I didn't see one). Make sure to mention whether you have the UK, US, or Australian release, and mention which mpls on the disc is the one giving you the issues, so that other users with the same disc may be able to offer advice on whether there's a different title on the disc you should rip instead, whether the issue presents any problems for the ripped mkv, etc.

https://makemkv.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=8
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00