MakeMKV is case sensitive on file extension

Everything related to MakeMKV
thetoad

MakeMKV is case sensitive on file extension

Post by thetoad »

wanted to open an iso file that had an ISO extension (got messed up on a case insenstive file system) and the file browser / chooser in MakeMKV on linux didn't display it. When I renamed it to .iso, it instantly appeared in the open browser/chooser. my guess is that the case sensitive flag should not be set?
Woodstock

Re: MakeMKV is case sensitive on file extension

Post by Woodstock »

MakeMKV is as case-sensitive as the operating system it is running on.To be able to fake case-insensitivity in the browse window on Linux, you would have to search for "*.[iI][sS][oO]"
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
thetoad

Post by thetoad »

Woodstock wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 3:14 pm
MakeMKV is as case-sensitive as the operating system it is running on.To be able to fake case-insensitivity in the browse window on Linux, you would have to search for "*.[iI][sS][oO]"
you can't specify extension when trying to open an iso (or at least I don't see how to). The file picker can specify to use a case insensitive filter in QT.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

I can't test on Linux but... If you enter *.ISO in the file name box on Windows, the picker searches for *.ISO. While you cannot change the contents of the pull-down, you should be able to change what is actually searched for. We have to wait for Mike to change the program itself.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
thetoad

Post by thetoad »

as far as I can tell (perhaps I've missed it), on Linux, you can't specify this. Hence, I view this as sort of a bug report. It seems my instinct was wrong and one can't make it case insensitive with a simple boolean, others have the same issues in different QT programs. also my issue might be in particular an ubuntu issue

see: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/348 ... filedialog and https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/issues/791

mostly reporting this in the hopes Mike sees it and perhaps can do something simple for it. personally, in worse case, I'd say one doesn't have to enumerate all possibilities of "iso" iso/ISO are probably sufficient.