Feature Request: Rip fist X minutes of title

Everything related to MakeMKV
langee

Feature Request: Rip fist X minutes of title

Post by langee »

I am ripping a bunch of my kids movies, and they sometimes have short films with them (i.e. Jack Jack Attack with The Incredibles) Hunting down the right track can sometimes be a pain. It would be nice to be able to rip just the first minute or so of the selected titles to see if it is the one, without having to rip a full title.

Or is there a way to already do this?
oddeyeball

Re: Feature Request: Rip fist X minutes of title

Post by oddeyeball »

You can rip each track but need to cancel out a min or so into ripping. It's not automatic, but it works.

-Edit, tried it just to be sure and for some reason it's deleting the partial rips although I do remember it not doing this previously.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

MakeMKV always cleans up any partially-written files.

As for ripping part rather than the whole, MakeMKV won't do that on its own. Some have gone the path of using the "integration with VLC" to allow them to play BDs in VLC. I go for the brute-force method - have MakeMKV rip everything over 30 seconds, and then look through the pile afterward to find the good stuff. Takes less of my time.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
BlueWolf

Post by BlueWolf »

I would also like this feature. Some movies that I back up have multiple English tracks. And it it impossible to tell what tracks are commentary or descriptive audio without ripping the entire movie first. Would be nice to have a button on the GUI that said "RIP 1st X mins" as set in the settings by the user.