Bought my key & paid, haven't recieved the key yet

Everything related to MakeMKV
Blergh

Bought my key & paid, haven't recieved the key yet

Post by Blergh »

Hey there guys,
after being a long time user of the free version I have now decided to buy the full activation key via the site. However I didn't receive my key or an answer to my question to the support as to how long the submission of my key would take.
Any experiences with how long it usually takes to deliver the key?
Woodstock

Re: Bought my key & paid, haven't recieved the key yet

Post by Woodstock »

Within minutes of completing the transaction, you should have received an email from avangate.com with your key.

If you have not received it yet (and it's not in your junk mail folder), contact support@makemkv.com and Mike can fix you up.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
jyvoman

Post by jyvoman »

same here, i sent emails, never received a response, just going to dispute this with my credit card company and get a chargeback.
Cubs12

Post by Cubs12 »

Please follow up with how this is resolved for you. I suspect it will be informative regarding the decisions others make.
Blergh

Post by Blergh »

Woodstock wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:25 pm
Within minutes of completing the transaction, you should have received an email from avangate.com with your key.

If you have not received it yet (and it's not in your junk mail folder), contact support@makemkv.com and Mike can fix you up.
I've tried to contact them yesterday and today. No reply so far.
This isn't just frustrating but worrying.
DarrenOrange

Post by DarrenOrange »

The key is given to you on the webpage at the time you pay for it. I just paid for my life time to support the project just now and I got a key via the webpage right after paying. It was also e-mailed to me in a e-mail with the subject "Your order on www.makemkv.com: Product/subscription information" Hope that helps.
jyvoman

Post by jyvoman »

Cubs12 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:57 pm
Please follow up with how this is resolved for you. I suspect it will be informative regarding the decisions others make.
I initiated a chargeback since whoever is supposed to handle these keys haven't been responding.
thetoad

Post by thetoad »

MakeMKV seems to be mostly a one man shop. Seems that one should either have patience or find another piece of software as this isn't the right one for you.
Blergh

Post by Blergh »

jyvoman wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:36 pm
Cubs12 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:57 pm
I initiated a chargeback since whoever is supposed to handle these keys haven't been responding.
I will do the same, this is no way to treat customers
Blergh

Post by Blergh »

thetoad wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:46 pm
MakeMKV seems to be mostly a woman shop. Seems that one should either have patience or find another piece of software as this isn't the right one for you.
So far there's absolute radio silence from the support. Not even a single word back to me.
If there was an issue I would have understood, if that was at least communicated to me. However I seem to have contacted empty offices or people not willing to respond (in times of home-offices being a thing there's really no excuse here).

The devs are charging $50 (60€ where I live) for this program, at least aknowledgement of the delay would be expected for that price.

Great program, awful service.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Have you verified that you have not received a email from Avangate, or their new branding, "2checkout"?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
jyvoman

Post by jyvoman »

Woodstock wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:51 am
Have you verified that you have not received a email from Avangate, or their new branding, "2checkout"?
yes, i checked spam and everything.
MarkBrading

Post by MarkBrading »

Hi all,

I am thinking of purchasing a key but am a little cautious over what has been posted here. I also see that the beta key has not been updated from May 2020 and it's been five days. Usually the beta key is updated within 2-3 days of expiring.

Reading what others have posted regarding the lack of any response is a little concerning. Do I take the risk of purchasing a key? I am still undecided on this one at the moment.

Mark
eladkse

Post by eladkse »

I'm not sure why other people are having problems.

I bought a key just yesterday, and it was delivered in minutes. I got three emails from "2checkout", one of which contained the key.

DarrenOrange above also had no problems.

If you've received *no* emails at all from 2checkout, then the most likely possibilities are that you've ether mistyped your email when purchasing, or there is some sort of issue between 2checkout and your email provider.
jyvoman

Post by jyvoman »

eladkse wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:30 pm
I'm not sure why other people are having problems.

I bought a key just yesterday, and it was delivered in minutes. I got three emails from "2checkout", one of which contained the key.

DarrenOrange above also had no problems.

If you've received *no* emails at all from 2checkout, then the most likely possibilities are that you've ether mistyped your email when purchasing, or there is some sort of issue between 2checkout and your email provider.
I didn't misspell my email address at all, it is a very simple gmail address. That doesn't change the fact that staff is non-responsive which is were the alarm is raised.