Bought my key & paid, haven't recieved the key yet

Everything related to MakeMKV
d00zah

Re: Bought my key & paid, haven't recieved the key yet

Post by d00zah »

Please bear in mind that "staff" is one guy... Mike (or so it has appeared for years).

& he probably has a real job elsewhere ('cuz he sure ain't getting rich off of $50 licenses... IMO).

Take a breath & be patient. No one is out to rip anyone off.

If you never got a key via email, you could also try Avangate support, which is likely more robustly staffed.
MarkBrading

Post by MarkBrading »

I took the plunge and brought a license. I had no problems at all, like DarrenOrange said...
The key is given to you on the webpage at the time you pay for it
And, within seconds of making the payment I also had an email with the key.
Cubs12

Post by Cubs12 »

The silence is the most concerning part. Given the world today first, I hope Mike is ok. Second, if he is ok, communication should be better. You want to end the 10 years this product is in beta? Ok, just tell us. Really on the fence about buying a license to what might be a no longer supported product.
Blergh

Post by Blergh »

Update: I have received my key during the day.
I have withdrawn my request for a refund.

Regarding defenses of only one person sitting behind this: once money has exchanged hands (wich happened) the person who paid is entitled to at least an explanation where that money went and assurance that they didn't just waste it. That's why vendors like Amazon send you an expected delivery date etc. To assure the customer that they didn't get scammed. Be it one person or an entire comoany standing behind it.
Concerning those who have received their copies quickly: good for you. Me and the other guy didn't and yet paid the same price as you did. Same price for worse treatment.
If not all costumers are treated equal there's something going severely wrong with the company happily taking your cash without standing up to the responsibilies that brings with it.

This is the end of this issue for me, I got my product (albeit with a few days of not knowing where my money went).

Keep in mind that a simple reply from customer support would have helped solve this issue. Note that I still have not received a reply to my messages
m20120

Post by m20120 »

I have to agree also. I have been using MakeMKV for a few years. I also decided it was time and just purchased a key. It was displayed on the order confirmation page in the browser, and in an email that arrived within seconds. Ripping a BD disc now as I type this.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

jyvoman wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:33 pm
I didn't misspell my email address at all, it is a very simple gmail address. That doesn't change the fact that staff is non-responsive which is were the alarm is raised.
So, you didn't use the address that you used to register here on June 3, the domain for which is listed as "deleted" by the hosting service?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
My1xT

Post by My1xT »

just wanted to note that back when I ordered it, which granted was over a year ago but however it was flawless too to my gmail account, I dont remember whether or not the key was shown on the website straight after buying but sure might have been the case
Blergh wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:13 pm
Regarding defenses of only one person sitting behind this: once money has exchanged hands (wich happened) the person who paid is entitled to at least an explanation where that money went and assurance that they didn't just waste it. That's why vendors like Amazon send you an expected delivery date etc. To assure the customer that they didn't get scammed. Be it one person or an entire comoany standing behind it.
Concerning those who have received their copies quickly: good for you. Me and the other guy didn't and yet paid the same price as you did. Same price for worse treatment.
If not all costumers are treated equal there's something going severely wrong with the company happily taking your cash without standing up to the responsibilies that brings with it.

Keep in mind that a simple reply from customer support would have helped solve this issue. Note that I still have not received a reply to my messages
yes but customer support is only one guy, he cant respond to everything immediately. people have a real life too like there's sleep, maybe a family, being ill or simply a vacation from all work once in half an eternity.

and if he froze purachases during that time because of it people would also be annoyed.

as we say in germany "no matter how you do it, you're doing it wrong"

especially during the current times I think we should be more careful with allegations like these.
jyvoman

Post by jyvoman »

Woodstock wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:16 am
jyvoman wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:33 pm
I didn't misspell my email address at all, it is a very simple gmail address. That doesn't change the fact that staff is non-responsive which is were the alarm is raised.
So, you didn't use the address that you used to register here on June 3, the domain for which is listed as "deleted" by the hosting service?
you really think i am going to make a purchase using a literal throwaway email?
jyvoman

Post by jyvoman »

My1xT wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:39 am
just wanted to note that back when I ordered it, which granted was over a year ago but however it was flawless too to my gmail account, I dont remember whether or not the key was shown on the website straight after buying but sure might have been the case
Blergh wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:13 pm

yes but customer support is only one guy, he cant respond to everything immediately. people have a real life too like there's sleep, maybe a family, being ill or simply a vacation from all work once in half an eternity.

and if he froze purachases during that time because of it people would also be annoyed.

as we say in germany "no matter how you do it, you're doing it wrong"

especially during the current times I think we should be more careful with allegations like these.
you can easily setup a website with wordpress and woocommerce where licenses are automatically generated and put on the website for buyer's to retrieve from, so there is no waiting for an email from a third party, manual check or whatever.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

jyvoman wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:16 pm
you really think i am going to make a purchase using a literal throwaway email?
Actually, I do that all the time - I create a new email address for each company I do business with, so I know immediately when one of them sells their customer list (or has it stolen). It helps that I control the email servers for over a dozen domains. All of them are active as long as necessary, destroyed when not needed. You would be surprised how many times it catches "bad activity".

The email address I use for this forum is custom for it.
jyvoman wrote:you can easily setup a website with wordpress and woocommerce where licenses are automatically generated and put on the website for buyer's to retrieve from, so there is no waiting for an email from a third party, manual check or whatever.
Why, when the payment processor already sends the new key out immediately? And, as reported here, it's also available through them via the web.

It is UNUSUAL for someone to not get their key immediately. Why set up something insecure like Wordpress?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
jyvoman

Post by jyvoman »

Woodstock wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:05 pm

Actually, I do that all the time - I create a new email address for each company I do business with, so I know immediately when one of them sells their customer list (or has it stolen). It helps that I control the email servers for over a dozen domains. All of them are active as long as necessary, destroyed when not needed. You would be surprised how many times it catches "bad activity".

The email address I use for this forum is custom for it.
the website i used the domain for literally gives these emails out, they have no password or anything and you can instantly make one. that's not secure to use for purchases.
Woodstock wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:05 pm

Why, when the payment processor already sends the new key out immediately? And, as reported here, it's also available through them via the web.

It is UNUSUAL for someone to not get their key immediately. Why set up something insecure like Wordpress?
most of the payment processors that i deal with, firstdata, globalpay, worldpay, etc just process the payments, whatever it is you purchased is handled by the website. not sure why you think wordpress is insecure, if you set it up correctly and maintain it then no, it is no less secure than any other CMS.
thetoad

Post by thetoad »

the way I view this, one has to be patient enough to see when Mike posts again on the forum. if you see posts from him (he hasnt posted since May 30) and you still have an issue, then be upset. but otherwise patience is the key.
My1xT

Post by My1xT »

jyvoman wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:18 pm
you can easily setup a website with wordpress and woocommerce where licenses are automatically generated and put on the website for buyer's to retrieve from, so there is no waiting for an email from a third party, manual check or whatever.
as far as I know avangate directly handles it all so either they get a long list of keys or a way to generate them.

however everything can break
thetoad wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:38 am
the way I view this, one has to be patient enough to see when Mike posts again on the forum. if you see posts from him (he hasnt posted since May 30) and you still have an issue, then be upset. but otherwise patience is the key.
full ack on this.