Change default output folder

Everything related to MakeMKV
oobedoob

Change default output folder

Post by oobedoob »

Is there a way to change the default output folder? It appears that MakeMKV has chosen an arbitrary folder on a drive that I do not want to put the mkv files on and have to keep manually selecting the folder I want for each rip.
Woodstock

Re: Change default output folder

Post by Woodstock »

Preferences->Video, Default destination. My preference is to use "SemiAuto", which will default to using the disk title to set the directory path.

I have a dedicated drive letter on my server for raw MKV files, and that drive letter is used for the "base" of the generated path.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
ikomrad

Post by ikomrad »

What does you're path look like?

I selected
/home/username/movies

And then
"Semi-auto"

It saved the movie to /home/username/movies/title.mkv

But I wanted
/home/username/movies/title/title.mkv.

Is there way to do that?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

As I mentioned, I have one drive (Z:) on my Windows system where new rips go. That's all that is in my customized line, with "SemiAuto" checked.

If a disk has a title, the path becomes "Z:/Title of Disk/", example "Z:/Danmachi S4 Part1 BD-1". This could work for many people, but I change it because I want things grouped differently. I change this "Z:/Is It Wrong" in this case.

I then change the Name field in Properties to the main name I want on the output, as in "Is It Wrong S4 HD", which is then carried forward to all the tracks as a starting point for the actual track names. I can then edit each one putting the episode number in at the end.

As you can see, I don't do a lot of movies, but they work the same way. It makes it easy when doing TV episodes, though.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging