Does same segment map mean same movie?

Everything related to MakeMKV
safarian24

Does same segment map mean same movie?

Post by safarian24 »

Sorry for the n00b question. But I'm trying to use MakeMKV to get the correct movie title. The segment count and segment map on both titles are exactly the same. In fact, the only thing different between these two titles is the playlist number - at least from what I can tell.

I know typically different playlist numbers usually correspond to different movie versions - different cuts, different credits, language, etc. But am I to believe that these two titles would be exactly the same? Or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by safarian24 on Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grauhaar

Re: Does same segment map mean same movie?

Post by Grauhaar »

If the segment maps are identical, the rip results in the same video stream. The difference in the two playlists can be the included audio and/or subtitle streams.
Good Luck :)

Post by safarian24 »

Grauhaar wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:05 am
If the segment maps are identical, the rip results in the same video stream. The difference in the two playlists can be the included audio and/or subtitle streams.
Awesome! Thank you for the info! I will create both and see the differences in Audio and Subtitles.
preserve

Post by preserve »

You don't have to rip both to check and compare, you can expand the details of each one with the horizontal arrow.
preserve wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:40 pm
Possibly different playlists for [audio and subtitle options in] different regions, I see this on many releases.

For example, one playlist might be English/French/Spanish, and the second playlist would be English/Japanese.
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00