MakeMKV crashing when ripping is canceled

Everything related to MakeMKV
GyroDragona

MakeMKV crashing when ripping is canceled

Post by GyroDragona »

I am seeing a problem that if a rip is canceled while it is already going the program will hang for a bit then just crash. It's so horribly frustrating when you have picked and filled out all the stream info just to lose all that work. It is even worse when it is a TV show rip. FIxing whatever is causing the crash would be nice. It would be even better if it remembered this stuff on a per-disk basis. Either by a setting or upon a crash to autofill anything you changed manually. Hell, for TV shows having it replicate the entered stream info and properties would be amazing, some kind of optional setting to replicate it or even just by highlighting root of a title you already filled out, ctrl+c to copy changed info then go to each root for other tracks and paste in that info and properties. Maybe having it skip the track name or to let you enter the base info for the track names elsewhere "show name (year) S##E" that kind of thing. It would make things a lot easier.

But, again, just having it retain the info on a crash and/or when ever you put in the same disk again would be super helpful.

PS: I love this software. LibreDrive and libmmbd are fucking amazing. I'm so happy that I can just use VLC to find out what all the tracks are and that I don't have to buy PowerDVD anymore to do so. Hell, it's even easier with VLC because then I know exactly what track it really is instead of having to assume they go in the list order when sometimes they don't. I have never regretted buying MakeMKV for even a moment. Thank you for you hard work.
thosti

Re: MakeMKV crashing when ripping is canceled

Post by thosti »

Have exact the same issue (no matter if target is local disk or network share). Stopping a rip will crash MakeMKV
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

This is an annoying bug in 1.15.1 . Clearly, it will be fixed in 1.15.2, hopefully it would be released soon.
jayper

Post by jayper »

mike admin wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:16 pm
This is an annoying bug in 1.15.1 . Clearly, it will be fixed in 1.15.2, hopefully it would be released soon.
Thanks Mike!