Copyright Protection Issue

Everything related to MakeMKV
mp1161

Copyright Protection Issue

Post by mp1161 »

Hello all, sorry if this has been posted before......

So I have 2 movies that I have ripped from the discs thru MakeMKV and during the movie I am getting a notice that there is a copyright violation and the movie skips around. The common denominator between these 2 movies are that they are both Lionsgate Productions (Power Rangers and Midway). I have ripped thousands of movies from discs and this the first time has happened. Both movies are retail copies that include the bluray disc and dvd disc. Both discs are giving me issues. Has anyone had this issue before?
d00zah

Re: Copyright Protection Issue

Post by d00zah »

Meet 'Screen Pass', or 'Playlist obfuscation'... most commonly found in Lionsgate releases.

For Blu-ray discs:

IF you have Java installed (& MakeMKV detects it), a 'best guess' is made as to the correct title & moves it to the top of the title list, labeled "FPL_MainFeature". Sometimes it's correct, sometimes not.

"Fake playlist" protection - help needed

Forum search for Lionsgate

Forum search for playlist obfuscation

Also advised to search the appropriate Blu-ray discs, or DVD discs forum for the specific title, as someone MAY have already reported the correct title/playlist.

'Blu-ray discs' forum search for Midway

'Blu-ray discs' forum search for Power Rangers

Note: Correct title/playlist can vary by region, rental vs retail disc, etc.
mp1161

Re: Copyright Protection Issue

Post by mp1161 »

d00zah wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:49 pm
Meet 'Screen Pass', or 'Playlist obfuscation'... most commonly found in Lionsgate releases.

For Blu-ray discs:

IF you have Java installed (& MakeMKV detects it), a 'best guess' is made as to the correct title & moves it to the top of the title list, labeled "FPL_MainFeature". Sometimes it's correct, sometimes not.

"Fake playlist" protection - help needed

Forum search for Lionsgate

Forum search for playlist obfuscation

Also advised to search the appropriate Blu-ray discs, or DVD discs forum for the specific title, as someone MAY have already reported the correct title/playlist.

'Blu-ray discs' forum search for Midway

'Blu-ray discs' forum search for Power Rangers

Note: Correct title/playlist can vary by region, rental vs retail disc, etc.
Thanks a lot :)