Concatenating files

Everything related to MakeMKV
kracor

Concatenating files

Post by kracor »

Mike,

The beta of makemkv was provided to me as a possible solution to creating a single .mkv file of three of my most 'difficult' titles. I own the Limited Editions of 'The Lord of the Rings' trilogy. Each of these DVD sets use an interleaved video to create a menu'd two-sided DVD. I have used DVD Shrink to seperate each version and then create a 'single' movie from each title on my hard drive. What occurs is that DVD Shrink creates the base VISEO_TS.ifo, but leaves each title as it's own 'container', so to speak, and ties them together. This option is viable, but when I attempt to use makemkv to create a single .mkv file, I end up with two files. Haven't had the time to go all the way through to the end yet, as I started late and, unfortunately, work is what it is, an evil necessity. :) Will, or does, makemkv support creating a single .mkv file from a multi-title set?

BTW, I love what you are doing with this. Other .mkv products have left a sour taste in my mouth as to the quality of playback after the files are created. Your software has been totally awesome on that point. I haven't seen one audio/video synch issue since I started working with the software, something other 'converters' haven't been able to give me
mike admin

Re: Concatenating files

Post by mike admin »

Thanks for the warm words. You can use mkvmerge from "official" mkvtoolnix package to join 2 MKV files.