1.15.2 Fatal Error Occured

Everything related to MakeMKV
Aelio

1.15.2 Fatal Error Occured

Post by Aelio »

Hello,

I just wanted to report an issue with the latest version of MakeMKV, version 1.15.2.

Prior to updating everything was working fine as it always has ever since I first downloaded MakeMKV way back when.

After updating and attempting to backup a blu ray, I received an error message stating "Fatal error has occurred, the program will no exit" or something to that effect.

I tried uninstalling\reinstalling, reboot my computer, nothing helped. I then began searching for the previous version, 1.15.1, which is what I had prior, but was unable to locate it.

Using the link in the FAQs, I was able to locate an older version. The latest version I could fine, which I now have installed, is 1.14.7.

After installing 1.14.7 and attempting to backup the same blu rays I was trying to back up previously, it worked like a charm.

Hopefully someone can take a look at this and also, it would be nice if you could update the old versions repository to include some of the latest revisions, including, 1.15.1.

Thanks
preserve

Re: 1.15.2 Fatal Error Occured

Post by preserve »

I agree it would be nice if the old versions contained the previous version, I've started keeping the older versions now after I had a similar issue.

I'll send you a PM with the previous version.
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
Aelio

Post by Aelio »

preserve wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:28 am
I'll send you a PM with the previous version.
Got it, Thank you!

I would have replied to your PM but I couldn't figure out how to. I think my account is too new to do this... Anyway, thanks again.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Aelio wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:08 pm
I just wanted to report an issue with the latest version of MakeMKV, version 1.15.2.
After updating and attempting to backup a blu ray, I received an error message stating "Fatal error has occurred, the program will no exit" or something to that effect.
Please send the debug dump - http://www.makemkv.com/onlinehelp/dump.html
Aelio wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:08 pm
I then began searching for the previous version, 1.15.1, which is what I had prior, but was unable to locate it.
Oh, forgot to move files. Fixed.
mkv_thug

Post by mkv_thug »

Just added a BD drive to my Mac, and am having the same issue.

Anyone have the link to the 1.15.1 version? I searched but cannot find it online.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

http://www.makemkv.com/download/old/

But, if you really get this on mac, please do this as well - http://www.makemkv.com/onlinehelp/dump.html
Aelio

Post by Aelio »

I'm getting this error now too on 1.15.3, I have a dump file but don't know how/where to send it.

I tried attaching to the post, after putting it in a .zip file, but I get an error 'File too large'.
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

Aelio wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:16 pm
I'm getting this error now too on 1.15.3, I have a dump file but don't know how/where to send it.

I tried attaching to the post, after putting it in a .zip file, but I get an error 'File too large'.
From the thread Mike referenced:

"Even then the dump file is usually too big for e-mail - please use any free and reputable file hosting service as mediafire.com or dropbox.com to store the file and send the link to support@makemkv.com"
Aelio

Post by Aelio »

d00zah wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:06 pm
Aelio wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:16 pm

From the thread Mike referenced:

"Even then the dump file is usually too big for e-mail - please use any free and reputable file hosting service as mediafire.com or dropbox.com to store the file and send the link to support@makemkv.com"
My Apologies, I discovered this shortly after I posted. I sent the email with the link to the dump file. Haven't heard anything since but I did at least send it. Thanks
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

Aelio wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:33 pm
My Apologies,
None necessary.
Aelio wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:33 pm
Haven't heard anything since but I did at least send it. Thanks
You will never get a direct response to a dump submission (unless it represents something new/unique?). Just a key download, when applicable.