Feature Request: have MakeMKV remember individual disc configurations from run to run

Everything related to MakeMKV
thetoad

Feature Request: have MakeMKV remember individual disc configurations from run to run

Post by thetoad »

Currently, every single time I load a disc (or image of a disc), MakeMKV just loads it per how it detect the content on the disc. I think it could be valuable for MakeMKV to serialize out each disc if I make modifications (selecting / deselecting items, renaming items...) and using that next time I load the disc.

i.e. there are times we have to reprocess a disc through makemkv (bugs that have been fixed (ex: atmos) or standardization that has happened (ex: DV)) and it be easier to not have to redo everything. or perhaps I just made a mistake and didn't select the correct subtitles and want to redo it without entering all chapter information again

the idea is that makemkv would serialize the data to some per disc identifier file and if that identifier file exists upon reading a disc, would use it to populate the fields

A possible side effect of this would be the ability to "share" configurations (either manually or via network, ex like old school cddb) for naming output files and chapters.

thoughts?
dcleys

Re: Feature Request: have MakeMKV remember individual disc configurations from run to run

Post by dcleys »

I second that request. This would be a very useful feature!
GyroDragona

Re: Feature Request: have MakeMKV remember individual disc configurations from run to run

Post by GyroDragona »

I had asked for this feature while reporting a crash bug upon canceling a rip while in progress. It would be incredibly helpful if something happened during a rip. Especially when ripping TV shows.